Bachelor of Science in Retail Management
As one of the top colleges to offer a fashion merchandising major, according to Study.com, the Retail Management program from Texas Tech University gives you a competitive edge in the fashion retail job market.
Combine fashion sense with business judgment in our Retail Management program.
Our Retail Management degree excels in both the creative and commercial aspects of fashion merchandising. You will develop the professionalism, business knowledge, and practical experience you need to work in fashion merchandising with corporate retailers such as Zale, Macy's, Target, Neiman Marcus, Dillard's and Wal-Mart.
Texas Tech's Retail Management major emphasizes skills that make an impression on employers. You will enter the job market with:
- A professional attitude. The Retail Management program will teach you the behaviors, vocabulary, and appearance necessary to succeed in retail sales as a store manager, corporate buyer, fashion consultant, or other retail industry leader.
- Strong business fundamentals. Texas Tech provides you with superior training in the business of fashion retailing. You will take courses in accounting, management, marketing, economics and other business skills. In addition, you will work with industry-standard software provided by leading retail consultant JDA Software.
- Well-rounded coursework. Our Retail Management degree covers all aspects of the retail industry, including category management, purchasing, e-commerce, retail sales, marketing, and fashion merchandising.
- Internship and Professional Development. You will get 300 to 400 hours of experience in retail sales workplaces, including corporate retail offices and retail stores specializing in fashion merchandising. You also will have the opportunity to host Texas Tech's annual student-run retail symposium and retail reception. You will have the opportunity to give back to the community with The Texas Tech Retail Association's community oriented projects.
Stay ahead of the curve—and ahead of the competition in the fashion retail job market—with a Retail Management degree from one of the nation's most dynamic, forward-thinking retail management programs.
Choose Your Own Specialty in Our Retail Management Degree
Texas Tech's Retail Management program offers two specialized concentrations:
- Corporate/Research Concentration. You will focus your studies on category management, retail buying, and trend research. Category management is a particular strength of our retail management program, and our graduates have an excellent record of professional achievement as buyers, consultants, and merchandising managers and executives.
- Store Management Concentration. You will concentrate on fashion, entrepreneurship, business planning, event management, and inventory control. You can also take courses in the hospitality industry, facilities management, and group sales.
Fashion and Retail Jobs
Texas Tech's retail management program has an excellent reputation among employers. Our graduates have gone on to work all over the country for some of the nation's leading retailers. A partial list includes:
- JC Penney
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- Charming Charlie
- Pier 1
- Kate Spade & Company
- Toys R Us
- Kendra Scott
- Sam's Club
- Ann Taylor
- Trunk Club
- JDA Software
- Neiman Marcus
- Hilton Worldwide
- The Buckle
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Henri Bendel
- Pottery Barn