Scholarships for Returning Students
Finish your college degree online.
Have you thought about finishing your degree but couldn't because of distance or a full time job? The College of Human Sciences at Texas Tech University has an exciting new option for completing your bachelor degree online.
Once a Red Raider, Always a Red Raider.
Scholarships are available to help you reach your goal of earning a bachelor's degree.
Former students who have successfully completed courses through Texas Tech previously, but did not complete a degree through our university can now earn a degree completely online. The College of Human Sciences offers a fully online Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences degree designed to allow students no longer living in Lubbock to complete their education.
A college degree is an amazing achievement and can impact your personal and career goals in a positive way. In addition to getting individualized attention through the process, the College of Human Sciences is offering a multiple semester scholarship for returning students to aid in the financial responsibility. The scholarship is $1000 per year for 2 years and will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
Learn more about the scholarship program and online degree.
- The Bachelor of Science in Human Sciences is a 120 hour degree made up of core curriculum and 3 areas of concentration (similar in hours and content as a minor).
- Our online courses are term-based, meaning they follow the traditional semester dates as our on-campus courses. Most courses are taught through "Blackboard" and are facilitated by a TTU instructor. While you are required to abide by due dates set up by the instructor for the course, there will not be a set time that you are required to participate in the course...you have the flexibility to log on to the course when it is convenient for you. A standard course load for an online student is 12 hours per long semester (fall and spring). This is full-time status for financial aid purposes. Part time enrollment is 6 hours and maximum per semester is 19 hours.
- We are currently processing applications for next semester. To apply to the online Human Sciences degree, please complete the Former Tech application here: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/admissions/admissions-finaid/returning_other/former/. Once you have submitted your application, you will need to have official transcripts sent to TTU from all institutions of higher education as well as your high school transcript (if TTU does not already have them). Transcripts need to be sent to the Office of Admissions, Box 45015, Lubbock, TX 79409. Once TTU has received your application and any additional transcripts you will be submitted for review. The review process usually takes about 48 hours unless you have transcripts to send. You will be able to track your application throughout the process. Once you have been accepted back to Texas Tech, you will work with a College of Human Sciences adviser to complete your online orientation, transcript evaluations, official degree plan, and registration for your first semester.
- In addition to the scholarship, financial aid and tuition assistance is available for the online degree just as it would be for any other TTU student. For more information, please visit our Financial Aid office at www.financialaid.ttu.edu.
The following requirements must be met to receive a scholarship:
- Enrolled at TTU in the last 6 years
- Have not been enrolled for at least 1 long semester
- Are in "good standing" with the university.
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA
For more information about our online degree and scholarships for returning students:
Contact the Advising Office
- Email: Ashlee.email@example.com