USCIS News Releases
- July 31st, 2020 USCIS Adjusts Fees to Help Meet Operational Needs Today, the Department of Homeland Security announced a final rule that adjusts fees for certain immigration and naturalization benefit requests to ensure U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services recovers its costs of services.
- July 30th, 2020 Application Period Open for Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Programs U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is accepting applications for two funding opportunities under the Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program.
- July 1st, 2020 USCIS to Celebrate Independence Day by Hosting Naturalization Ceremonies Across the Country USCIS is celebrating the Declaration of Independence and the birth of our great country by hosting naturalization ceremonies across the United States from July 1 through July 7.
- June 25th, 2020 Deputy Director for Policy Statement on USCIS’ Fiscal Outlook USCIS Deputy Director for Policy Joseph Edlow issued a statement on the agency’s fiscal outlook due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- June 22nd, 2020 USCIS Rule Strengthens Employment Eligibility Requirements for Asylum Seekers USCIS today announced a regulatory change to deter aliens from illegally entering the United States and from filing frivolous, fraudulent, or otherwise non-meritorious claims for asylum to obtain an employment authorization document. This rule does not alter asylum eligibility criteria in any way and will be effective on Aug. 25.
- July 30th, 2020 Tools Outage USCIS will conduct system maintenance to the Contact Relationship Interface System (CRIS) on Thursday, July 30th, at 11:59 p.m. through Friday, July 31st , at 3:00 a.m. Eastern.
- July 24th, 2020 USCIS Clarifies Guidance on Initial and Further Deployment of Investment Capital USCIS has updated the USCIS Policy Manual with clarifying guidance on the deployment of investment capital under the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program.
- July 21st, 2020 USCIS Launches Updated Website Today, we launched an updated uscis.gov website, which we designed with input from applicants, petitioners and the public.
- July 15th, 2020 Applying Discretion in USCIS Adjudications U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today consolidated existing policy guidance in the USCIS Policy Manual regarding officers’ application of discretion in adjudications.
- July 1st, 2020 USCIS Extends Flexibility for Responding to Agency Requests In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, USCIS is extending the flexibilities it announced on March 30, 2020.