- The Law School's plan to return to campus, as outlined below, are based upon information available as of June 19, 2020. Please keep in mind that we may need to refine or modify our instructional plan as circumstances change, especially to protect health and safety.
- For Spring 2021, we remain very hopeful that all law courses will resume face-to-face with a complete in-person return to all activities.
Please know that we will provide an outstanding student-centered educational experience in all our courses this fall—whether face-to-face, hybrid, or online. The cornerstones of the Law School's return to campus plan are the following:
- Provide a combination of face-to-face, online, and hybrid (50% face-to-face and 50% online) courses for incoming first-year law students.
- Provide a face-to-face experience for our clinical programs.
- Provide key advanced required courses and a selection of elective courses in a face-to-face or hybrid format.
- Give students an option to opt out of in person attendance in face-to-face and hybrid courses (except for clinical programs) so that students with health and safety concerns can choose to learn remotely.
- Provide other courses in high quality online formats.
- Administer timed exams through Blackboard and use the standard semester grading policy.
- Implement careful health and safety measures to protect our students, staff, and faculty, e.g., proper social distancing throughout the building, use of personal protective equipment, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, and more.
- Foster high-impact community building by facilitating virtual experiences for student organizations, advocacy competitions, and other valuable extracurricular activities.
- Provide a full range of services for students—in person or remotely—including career services and student life.
- Structure a supportive and diverse learning environment that includes increasing the resources available for student wellness and well-being.
The fall course schedule—with face-to-face, hybrid, and online modalities noted—can be found here. The days and times of courses have not changed.