Campus OrganizationsThe student organizations listed below are affiliated with the pre-health designations and disciplinary areas advised by Pre-Professional Health Careers (PPHC) and assist Texas Tech University students interested in a healthcare profession to become better informed about their areas of interest. Experience in a health-related field and a strong community service record are essential components of an application to a health professional program.
Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED)
- Pre-Health Honor Society dedicated to allowing members to become leaders in the healthcare field through scholarship, connections and outreach. Open to all pursuing a career in health professions.
American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Open to all health-care related career paths; including (but not limited to) Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physician's Assistant, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Speech, Language and Hearing Pathology/Therapy, Pre-Dentistry
American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing a career in Medicine with the advocacy of women in the medical field.
Double T Health Service Corps
- A student organization at TTU and TTUHSC that offers students the opportunity to become actively involved in their community. An important component of the student organization is the opportunity to participate in interdisciplinary service activities that benefit underserved communities and people across West Texas. Open to all pre-health fields.
- InFocus Feature
Dr. Bernard Harris Pre-Medical Society
- Dedicated to providing potential medical school applicants with up-to-date information regarding the medical school application process. In addition, we provide a unique Freshman Mentoring Program as well as unique healthcare exposure, volunteering opportunities, mock medical interviews, MCAT workshops, and much more.
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing any health profession.
Medical and Dental Global Brigades
- This organization is centered around providing healthcare access to those who need it around the globe. Global Brigades students travel each summer to open a clinic in a developing country for one week.
Multicultural Association of Pre-Medical Scholars (MAPS)
- A network of premed and medical students dedicated to diversifying the face of medicine. We give back to the community and encourage a mentor program for premed students, medical students, and physicians.
Multicultural Pre-Dental Association
- An association to reach all minority groups at TTU that aspire to work in the dental field and increase their chances of matriculating into dental school.
Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
- An organization to educate pre-PA students about what exactly they need to be doing during their undergraduate years that would benefit their futures as PA students. A place to make friends, build relationships, and be a successful student organization that no only benefits its members but all of campus.
- A society to increase the number of Texas Tech Pre-Dental students who matriculate into dental school by building strong competitive applications through hands-on dental experience, DAT preparation, and student networking.
Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)
- An organization to educate the members about the profession of optometry and thereby assist members in becoming successful applicants to the optometry school/college of their choice. POPS shall strive to promote fellowship, provide opportunities for leadership, and to provide community service.
Tech Pre-Pharmacy Club
- A students organization for TTU students who are interested in pharmacy. Our main objective is to keep our members up-to-date about the admissions to pharmacy schools as well as providing them with information about the evolving field of pharmacy.
Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- A club which offers health care related volunteer opportunities, insight from guest speakers from your local Physical Therapists to admission counselors from various PT schools, and up-to-date info. in the PT world.
Pre-Speech, Language, and Hearing Student Organization (Pre-SLHea)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in the Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
Tech Pre-Occupational Therapy Club
- Open to students who are interested in pursing a career in Occupational Therapy.
For more information about any of the organizations listed above or any other student organization, please contact the student organization via TechConnect or Pre-Professional Health Careers:
Drane Hall, Room 347
Telephone: (806) 742-3078