(Affiliated with PPHC)
All of the pre-health student organizations listed below are affiliated with the designated areas advised by Pre-Professional Health Careers (PPHC) and were founded to assist Texas Tech University students interested in a healthcare profession to become better informed about their areas of interest. Experience in a health-related field and a strong community service record are essential components of an application to a health professional program.
American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Open to a majority of health-care related career paths; including Pre-Med, Pre-Nursing, Pre-PT/OT and Pre-PA
American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing a career in Medicine with the advocacy of women in the medical field.
Double T Health Service Corps
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing or currently pursuing any health profession. Open to TTUHSC students as well as TTU students.
Dr. Bernard Harris Pre-Medical Society
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing any health profession.
- Email: Texastechhosa@yahoo.com
Multicultural Association of Pre-Medical Scholars (MAPS)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in Medicine.
Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Physician Assistant studies.
The Pre-Medical Society at Texas Tech University
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Medicine.
- Website: premedicalsocietyttu.com
Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Optometry.
- Email: email@example.com
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Pharmacy.
- Email: TTUPrepharmacysociety@gmail.com
Pre-Physical Therapy Club
Pre-Speech, Language, and Hearing Student Organization (Pre-SLHea)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in the Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
Tech Pre-Occupational Therapy Club
- Open to students who are interested in pursing a career in Occupational Therapy.
For more information about any of the organizations listed above, please contact the student organization via OrgSync or the Pre-Professional Health Careers office:
Holden Hall, Room 205
Telephone: (806) 742-3078
Double T Health Service Corps:
Human Sciences Building, Room 111, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 14th
Wednesday, October 12th, 6:00 p.m.
Pre-Optometry Professional Society:
SUB, Arroyo Room, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 13th
Tuesday, October 11th
Tuesday, November 8th
Pre-Physical Therapy Club: