(Sponsored by PPHC)
All of the pre-health campus organizations listed below are sponsored by Pre-Professional
Health Careers (PPHC) and were founded to assist Texas Tech University students interested
in a healthcare field to become well informed health care professionals. Experience
in a health-related field and a strong community service record are essential components
of an application to a health professional program.
American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing a career in Medicine with the
advocacy of women in the medical field.
Double T Health Service Corps
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing or currently pursuing any health
profession. Open to TTUHSC students as well as TTU students.
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
Multicultural Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in Medicine
- Open to students who are interested in pursing a career in Dentistry.
The Pre-Medical Society at Texas Tech University
Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)
Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in Physical Therapy.
Pre-Speech, Language, and Hearing Student Organization (Pre-SLHea)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in the Speech, Language, and Hearing
For more information about any of the organizations listed above, please contact the
Pre-Professional Health Careers office:
Chemistry Building Room 340A
Telephone: (806) 742-3078
Double T Health Service Corps:
Pre-Optometry Professional Society:
Pre-Physical Therapy Club:
- Sept 24 - 6PM - MCOM 057
- Oct 7 - 6PM - CHEM 113
- OCT 22 - 6PM - MCOM 057
- Nov 4 - 6PM - CHEM 113
- Nov 19 - 6PM - MCOM 057
- Sept 27 - 6PM - TBA
- Oct 11 - 6PM - TBA
- Nov 9 - 6PM - TBA