Campus OrganizationsThe student organizations listed below are affiliated with the pre-health designations and disciplinary areas advised by Pre-Professional Health Careers (PPHC) and assist Texas Tech University students interested in a healthcare profession to become better informed about their areas of interest. Experience in a health-related field and a strong community service record are essential components of an application to a health professional program.
Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED)
American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Open to all health-care related career paths; including (but not limited to) Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physician's Assistant, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Speech, Language and Hearing Pathology/Therapy, Pre-Dentistry
American Medical Women's Association (AMWA)
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing a career in Medicine with the advocacy of women in the medical field.
Double T Health Service Corps
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing or currently pursuing any health profession. Open to TTUHSC students as well as TTU students.
- InFocus Feature
Dr. Bernard Harris Pre-Medical Society
- Open to all students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine.
Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing any health profession.
Multicultural Association of Pre-Medical Scholars (MAPS)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in Medicine.
Multicultural Pre-Dental Association
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in Dentistry.
Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Physician Assistant studies.
Pre-Optometry Professional Society (POPS)
Tech Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Open to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Pharmacy.
Pre-Physical Therapy Club
Pre-Speech, Language, and Hearing Student Organization (Pre-SLHea)
- Open to students interested in pursuing a career in the Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences.
Tech Pre-Occupational Therapy Club
- Open to students who are interested in pursing a career in Occupational Therapy.
For more information about any of the organizations listed above or any other student organization, please contact the student organization via TechConnect or Pre-Professional Health Careers:
Drane Hall, Room 347
Telephone: (806) 742-3078