The Office of University Outreach and Engagement strengthens Texas Tech's ability to achieve excellence in Outreach and Engaged Scholarship by serving as a catalyst, collaborator, and connector. We promote and support faculty, staff, and student engagement with communities by creating connections between scholarly pursuits and community needs; fostering mutually beneficial partnerships between the university and the community; and communicating best practices in Outreach and Engaged Scholarship.
We support Texas Tech's Strategic Priority, “Transform lives and communities through
strategic Outreach and Engaged scholarship.”
Texas Tech University A Foundation for The Next Century in the following ways…
- Providing infastructure to guide, coordinate, and supporting faculty, staff, and student outreach and engaged scholarship.
- Enhancing communictions about TTU's outreach and engaged scholarship activities and their impacts on local, national, and international communities.
- Increasing faculty, staff, and students' understanding of outreach and engaged scholarship and its value to campus and communities.
- Promoting the integration of engaged scholarship practices in teaching, research/creative acticity, and service.
- Fostering outreach and engaged scholarship proficiencies in faculty, staff, and students by providing professional development programs and offering web-based resources and tools.
- Cultivating and maintaining reciprocal partnerships with external stakeholders (business/industry, non-profit organizations; government; K-12 schools; 2- and 4-year institutions, alumni)
- Providing recognitions and incentives for promising practices and excellence in outreach and engaged scholarship.
- Leading campus and community councils and networks to integrate and promote the exchange of mutually beneficial knowledge, skills, and resources.
- Identifying external funding streams to support and sustain outreach and engaged scholarship.