Office of the Provost
- Jaclyn Canas-Carrell, Associate Professor of Analytical Toxicology and Environmental Chemistry
- Courtney Burkholder brings 20 years of publishing experience to Texas Tech.
- The Designation Recognizes the University’s Engagement in Economic Development Efforts
- Red Raiders named Chess College of the Year and their coach named Grandmaster of the Year.
- Henry Todd, Accounting/Marketing and Golfer
Welcome to the Office of the Provost website.
The Office of the Provost is responsible for the overall academic mission of the university. This involves working with the president, deans, faculty, students and staff to promote academic excellence throughout the institution. Specific duties of the provost include academic and budgetary planning, ensuring the quality of student learning by overseeing the curriculum and supporting educational initiatives, the development and enhancement of scholarship and research, the review of all faculty appointments, promotions, and tenure, and compliance with institutional policies and external regulations, including accreditations.
Please explore our website to learn how this office supports and promotes Texas Tech's progress toward status as a great national research university.
- May 16, 2014
Student Retention Initiative Announced
- April 23, 2014
Lindquist Named Dean of College of Arts & Sciences
- April 22, 2014
Texas Tech Honors Outstanding Faculty
- July 18th, 2014 Students Visit Texas Tech for a Mind-Blowing Experience
- July 16th, 2014 Researchers Develop Economic Impact Report for Pipeline Industry
- July 11th, 2014 Texas Tech Scientist Awarded Climate Communication Prize from American Geophysical Union
- July 10th, 2014 Texas Tech Recognized for Economic Development Efforts