Texas Tech offers over 150 different academic degree plans for you to choose from. By the end of your Sophomore Year (60 credit hours complete) you must have declared a major. Any student with undecided listed as your major, must specify a certain field of study. Texas Tech offers many different resources to help you find your major!
Plan ahead. Here are some tips from the Advising Center for your Sophomore Year:
First Semester of Sophomore Year
- Make an appointment to meet with your academic advisor
- Meet with Career Counselor at the Career Center
- Identify and Declare best fit major/minor
- Begin financial planning: open a checking/savings account
- Know academic requirements for graduation
- Explore interesting Student Organizations.
- Explores job experience that supports career goals.
- Participate in Career Fairs
- Talk to a professional in selected major field - explore future educational needs.
Second Semester of Sophomore Year
- Make an appointment to meet with your Academic Advisor
- Participate in community outreach projects
- Attend resume workshop
- Participate in Career shadow program
- Explore Summer employment and volunteer experiences
No matter where your academic path may lead you, you have resources available -don't be afraid to ask if you need help!