Dance, BFA Acting, BFA Musical Theatre, and MFA Performance & Pedagogy
Students interested in declaring a DANCE major or minor or an ACTING or MUSICAL THEATRE major for the 2018-2019 academic year must attend the audition on Saturday, November 11, 2017 or Saturday, February 10, 2018 in the Creative Movement Studio at Texas Tech University. Interested students may also attend the Unified Auditions in Chicago on February 5-6, 2018.
This audition will also serve as a scholarship audition for prospective students interested in applying for School of Theatre and Dance scholarships.
Registration deadline: January 15, 2018 at 5:00 pm
- Preregistration is required.
- Preregistered students will each receive a complimentary welcome packet from the School of Theatre and Dance.
- Include the following in the pre-registration materials:
- Completed Audition Form
- Head Shot
- Writing Sample (Dance majors/minors only)
SCHEDULE for Saturday, February 10, 2018
Dance Majors and Minors
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Check-in for preregistered students/same-day registration for those not preregistered. Warm-up.
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am: Ballet audition in CMS Studio 110
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm: Jazz audition in CMS Studio 101
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: Modern audition in CMS Studio 101
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm: TTU student showcase performance in CMS Studio 101 (students/family/friends are welcome to attend this component)
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Open question and answer session with Dance faculty in CMS Studio 101 (parents/family/friends are welcome to attend this component; other components will be closed)
Prospective MFA Performance & Pedagogy, BFA Acting, and BFA Musical Theatre Majors
- 9:00 - 10:00 am Check-in and registration. Warm-up.
- 10:00 - 11:00 am Ballet audition
- 11:15 am - 12:15 pm Jazz audition
- 1:00 - 5:00 pm Acting/Voice audition (Studio 110)
- 5:00 - 5:30 pm Final Callbacks/Interviews announced followed by TTU SoTD student performances
- 5:30 - 6:00 pm Open Q&A session with Faculty (parents/family/friends are welcome to attend this component; final interview will be closed)
- 6:00 - 6:30 pm Time for student interviews with Faculty
- Women: Leotard and footless tights with optional cover up. Additional cover up may be worn for modern and jazz segments. Ballet shoes required for ballet audition. Jazz shoes optional, bare feet for modern audition.
- Men: Footless tights and form fitting tank or unitard. Dance belt highly recommended. Cover up may be worn for modern and jazz segments. Ballet shoes required for ballet audition, Jazz shoes optional, bare feet for modern audition.
- All: Musical Theatre students should bring appropriate attire to wear for the Vocal Audition.
*See the individual registration forms listed above for more details
For questions concerning the degree programs and program auditions, please contact:
Alicia King, Dance Program Administrative Assistant
Dean Nolen, Head of Acting/Directing