- Follow Red Raider Orientation Checklist.
- Consider the Fine Arts Learning Community for student housing. Students must request the learning community in order to be placed in this location. Wall Hall is conveniently located to all the college units.
- Attend College Session – Your time ticket to register is placed at this time. Students not attending the College Session will have to meet with the College Advisor to receive the information from the session and have the time ticket placed.
- Meet with Art, Music, Theatre Arts & Dance advisors and/or Interdisciplinary Arts.
- Register for courses on appropriate date and time.
- Maintain current information in the TTU system: mailing address, email address, phone numbers.
- Make sure all transcripts, high school and college are submitted.
The BFA art programs (Art Education, Graphic Design, and Studio Art, and Visual Studies) are limited access areas of study. Admission to Texas Tech University does not insure admission to the BFA programs. Admission to the School of Art is by application and a portfolio submission through Accept'd. Upon acceptance to the School of Art, students will be listed as Art Incoming. Classification under the specific BFA programs is obtained only through an application process each spring semester after the student's first year of study in the Art Foundations core courses, which includes a portfolio review.
Provisional acceptance into a major in music is based upon a combination of auditions, transcripts, entrance examinations, and/or interviews, depending on the specific area of study. Admission to Texas Tech University does not guarantee admission to the School of Music as a music major. All entering students must complete their application to the School of Music through Accept'd, and audition in their declared principal applied area with the appropriate faculty.
Theatre & Dance
Entrance to the BFA program (Acting, Dance, Design/Technology/Musical Theatre) is by application to the School of Theatre & Dance through Accept'd, and audition. Admission to Texas Tech University does not guarantee admission to the School of Theatre & Dance as a theatre arts or dance major. Continuance in the program is dependent on annual review and the faculty's assessment of the student's timely progress. Students whose progress is found unsatisfactory will be placed on probation for their specific BFA degree program. Entrance into the BA in Dance program is based on application to the School of Theatre & Dance through Accept'd, and audition. Admission to Texas Tech University does not guarantee admission to the School of Theatre & Dance as a dance major.