Room Reservations at the TLPDC
Contact Information and Operating Hours
Primary Contact Person: Esther Saldivar
TLPDC Office Phone Number: 806-742-0133
Hours for Room Reservations 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Please be aware that the Center opens at 8:00 AM and there will not be anyone present prior to that time to open the room for our guests to set up any earlier than that. Also, please note that the Center closes promptly at 5:00 PM. We ask that our guests plan to end their sessions in time to leave by 5:00 PM.
- The TLPDC does not typically allow for hosting evening or weekend events.
- Events outside of these operating hours require prior approval in order to ensure that a TLPDC staff member is present to assist you. Approved events outside of these operating hours may also be subject to a fee.
Making a Room Reservation
There are 2 types of Room Reservations.
- General Room Reservation - Where you simply reserve the space.
- Room Reservation with Online Registration - Where you provide us with a title and short description of your event and we list it on the TLPDC Event Registration page. You are able to promote your event, providing your target audience with the link above for them to register. The event page is searchable, and we recommend that you provide a keyword for their search in your registration instructions. This could be a part of the event name or the date of the event. This will allow your guests to find your event more easily. You will be provided with a roster the day before your event, or sooner if requested. If you would like to utilize this service, please complete this portion of the Room Reservation Checklist with the appropriate event title and description.
In order to confirm your reservation, you will be asked to fill out the Room Reservation Checklist so that TLPDC staff members are able to better prepare for your event.
It is also important that you read the guidelines for room reservations, as well as the “Catering at the TLPDC” document linked at the bottom of the page.
You may submit a room request at any time throughout the year. However, if your request is not for the current semester, we will begin confirming reservation requests for the different semesters on the dates listed below. If your request is not for the current semester, please note that any requests received prior to these dates will be held until that time, and will be reviewed in the order they are received.
Fall – August 1st
Spring – December 15th
Summer – May 1st
Special accommodations may be able to be made for special events/conferences (ie. multi-day events) as we are able prior to these dates.
General guidelines for room reservations
We encourage you to make your reservation as far in advance as possible in order to ensure room availability. However, please note that we may not be able to confirm your reservations immediately, particularly during busy times such as the beginning and end of each semester. Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to provide the best space for each event request.
When you make your reservation, please request the room for the actual meeting time. We build in a 30-minute buffer to allow for cleaning and a change in set-up, if required, and to compensate for the occasional meeting that runs a bit long. For example, if an event ends at 2:00, then the next available reservation will be at 2:30. Please recognize that due to the number of reservations we receive, you may be limited in the amount of time available to you for set-up prior to your reservation start time. If the session prior to yours is running into your reservation start time, please DO NOT interrupt those currently in the room; instead, please find a TLPDC staff member to assist you. Please take care to end your sessions within the parameters of your reservation to ensure that we are able to accommodate all sessions throughout the day.
Room Options and Technology
For more information about the TLPDC rooms, pictures, and available technology, please click here.
The "TLPDC Room Reservation Checklist" must be completed and attached to your Meeting Request/Room Reservation Confirmation. This is a fillable form and must be downloaded for full capability.