Texas Tech Advisors’ Forum
2016-2017 Call for Proposals
Academic advising is critical to student success, retention and matriculation. At Texas Tech we are fortunate to have a community of outstanding academic advisors. The Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Center (TLPDC) would like to draw on your expertise and experience so that we might include the voices of our own advisors in a conversation on advising excellence and best practices. Submissions are invited for 30 or 50-minute workshops that address the needs and concerns of advisors. This could be anything from a session addressing tangible practicalities of “how I do my job” or advising best practices to more data-driven or research-based presentations which we might expect to see at a conference.
Written workshop proposals are due on Friday, August 26th to the Texas Tech Advisors’ Forum Committee and should include the following information.
- Presenter Name(s) and contact information
- Abstract – In 100 words or less, please describe your proposed session
- Proposal – Please submit a brief statement addressing the format of your presentation and your strategies for audience engagement. Interactive sessions with active audience participation are strongly encouraged.
- Workshop length
- 30 minute
- 50 minute
- Intended Audience (Select all that apply.)
- New advisors
- Undergraduate advisors
- Faculty advisors
- Student Support Services Advisors
- All advisors
All workshops will be held throughout the 2016-2017 academic year at the TLPDC. Specific times and dates will be coordinated with the presenters and announced at a later date. Proposals should be submitted via email to Micah Logan and are due by Friday, August 26th. For more information about the Advisors’ Forum, please contact Micah Logan by email or phone at 806-834-0093.