Texas Tech Police
To qualify for the position of Police Officer I, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. certificate
- Must have fifteen (15) semester college hours from an accredited college or university OR Three (3) years prior Law Enforcement OR Three (3) years prior Military with Honorable Discharge
- Must possess a basic TCOLE license
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must posses a valid driver's license not in jeopardy of suspension
- Must never have been convicted of any family violence offense
- Must have been discharged from any and all military service under honorable conditions. A copy of DD214 (Long Form-Member-4) will need to be submitted at time of application.
TCOLE standards apply to the recruitment process.