Safety and Compliance
Texas Tech is dedicated to the safe and ethical conduct of research, scholarship and creative activity. Funding agencies may require prior approval for human or animal research, information about environmental health and safety, disclosure of financial conflict of interest. Faculty must also be aware of federal export control regulations.
- Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) - Provides assistance and consultation about minimizing hazards and risks in labs, studios and field sites as well as offering a variety of safety training.
- Human Research Protection Program - If the proposal includes human subjects, permission must be obtained through the HRPP.
- Animal Care Services - The ACS serves to facilitate the use of animals in research and teaching at Texas Tech University while assuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Investigator Financial Disclosure - All investigators must annually disclose significant financial interests to Texas Tech.
- Export Compliance and Security - If the proposal includes collaborating with a foreign company, university, or researcher, conducting research abroad, taking/shipping equipment abroad, performing research that could be used in a military application, performing research for industry and publication of results is restricted, researching in a marine environment
- Office of Responsible Research - Texas Tech encourages all faculty, students and staff to participate in discussions and training about responsible conduct of research (RCR).
For more information on the sponsored research process, please refer to the Guide to Research.