The TTU Climate Center is a consortium member of the South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center (SC CASC), one of the eight regional CASCs created by the Unites States Department of the Interior.
- South Central Climate Adaptation Science Center
- Department of Interior Climate Adaptation Science Centers Home Page
Useful Resources near Lubbock Texas:
- Citizen's Climate Lobby - a non-profit, nonpartisan group focused on aiding passage of legislature that helps create a more sustainable world
- Project Climate - a student organization at TTU engaged in addressing climate issues
- Livable Future - a TTU campus wide initiative that helps to provide cleaner, healthier and safer communities.
- Texas Tech University Climate Course Offerings
- Grower Citizen Science - a project designated to help growers in the Southern High Plains region to rebuild soil health.
Other online resources that we have found to be useful:
- What is your ecological footprint? Filling out this survey helps you determine how many earths we would need if everyone on our planet lived like you!
- En-ROADS - a policy simulation model that provides everyone (the public, policymakers, businesses, the media, growers etc.) with the ability to explore the consequences of changes in energy consumption, economic growth, land use etc.
- The Talking Climate Handbook - how to have meaningful conversations about climate change.
- National Climate Assessment - Fourth report (2018), about impacts, risks and assessment of climate change.
- National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
- Landscape Conservation Cooperatives (LCC)
- The National Weather Service
- Global Weirding - a fun series by Dr. Katharine Hayhoe about climate, politics and religion, including misperceptions of climate change. It is produced by KTTZ Texas Tech Public Media.
- Ted Talk - by Katharine Hayhoe: how to have a conversation about climate change.