The Virginia Murray Sowell Center for Research and Education in Sensory Disabilities
The Sowell Center promotes quality research to address the academic and social needs of school-age students with sensory disabilities and provides public service to assist local, national and international constituencies.
Sowell Center Activity Concerning Accessibility
Student Information & Deadlines
- O&M Program Contacts: Ms. Anita Page (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Nora Griffin-Shirley (email@example.com)
- TVI Program Contact: Dr. Rona Pogrund (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reach Across Texas Contact: Anita Page (email@example.com) and Gabriella Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deafblind Program Contact: Dr. Phoebe Okungu (email@example.com)
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program Contact: Pam Lindell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
EDSP 5093 Course fee
Attention students in the teacher of students with visual impairments' program and orientation and mobility specialist's program:
Effective Fall semester 2012, all students who register for EDSP 5093, Internship in Special Education, who are not covered by a grant, will pay a course fee of $750.00 in addition to the tuition cost of the course. This money will cover costs incurred by the university internship supervisor's expenses, who will observe you teach.
Apply now for Texas Tech University scholarships at www.scholarships.ttu.edu. This application will get you considered for academic and need based scholarships, but your college or department is probably using this application too! Maximize your scholarship opportunities by completing the Current Student Scholarship Application.
Reach Across Texas Application Information
Financial Aid for Students With Disabilities
OnlineSchools.org has compiled a list of financial aid options for students with disabilities. View the complete guide here.
News & Events
Members of the Sowell Center wrapping holiday presents at the Lubbock Supportive Living Center
Virginia Murray Sowell Center for Research and Education in Sensory Disabilities
P.O. Box 41071
Lubbock, TX 79409