Texas Tech University

Information for Masters and Doctoral Students

Visit the Special Education program pages for additional information.

Internship Student Malpractice Insurance

Who needs malpractice insurance? Anyone taking an internship (EDSP 5093 or 5094) needs malpractice insurance.

Those students taking practicum or internship this year will want to purchase student malpractice insurance.

The cost for one calendar year is $13 by September 14th. Insurance cost will be prorated for summer sessions.

To purchase student malpractice insurance, send a money order made out to Bill Beatty Agency to:

Brandon Harper
Texas Tech University
Office of Contracting
Box 41101
Lubbock, TX 79409-1101

Be sure to type your name, social security number, and course of study on a piece of paper attached to the money order.

For more information contact Brandon Harper at 1-806-834-0590.

Handbook for Prospective Master's or Doctoral Student

Prospective Master's or Doctoral students need to print out the Handbook and read it carefully for complete instructions for entering the program. These handbooks have comprehensive information about the admissions procedure, program of studies, internship, and forms required for application to the Graduate School and the College of Education.

Download PDF format for Master's Prospective Student Handbook

Download PDF format for Doctoral Prospective Student Handbook