Changdong Yeo, Ph.D.
Dr. Changdong Yeo is an associate professor of mechanical engineering at Texas Tech University. His research focuses on multi-scale material behaviors, electrical/magnetic properties of advanced materials, contact mechanics, and surface and interface mechanics. Dr. Yeo is the director of the Materials and Interface Mechanics Laboratory at Texas Tech where he works with students to research thermomechanical/chemical behaviors of advanced materials in relation to electrical/magnetic properties, surface degradation, and material transfer. He has been the recipient of several awards for his research, including the Ed and Linda Whitacre Faculty Fellowship in 2020 and the Whitacre Engineering Research Award in 2015 among others. While much of Dr. Yeo's career has been spent as a researcher and educator, he also has experience working as an R&D Engineer for Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. as well as Seagate Technology, LLC.
- Multi-scale Material Behaviors
- Electrical/Magnetic Properties of Advanced Materials
- Contact Mechanics
- Surface and Interface Mechanics
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne, (2008)
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University, South Korea, (1998)
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University, South Korea, (1996)