Zeeshan Ahmad, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-0835
Fax: (806) 834-0835
Office: ME North 201
Dr. Ahmad's research is focused on the design of functional materials and interfaces for energy storage and conversion. The research aims to advance renewable energy and electrify transportation through first principles understanding and design of materials for batteries and solar photovoltaics. He develops a combination of theory, computation, and data-driven methods to accelerate the design of functional materials and interfaces for solid-state lithium metal batteries. He received numerous awards including the Institute Silver Medal at IIT Delhi, the Bushnell Fellowship in Engineering and the Phillips and Huang Family Fellowship in Energy at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Computational Materials Science
- Machine Learning in Physical Sciences and Engineering
Personal informationCurriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2020
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, 2020
- B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, 2015