Andrew Littlefield, Ph.D.
Phone: (806) 834-3746
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
University of Missouri
Dr. Littlefield will be reviewing applications for the 2020-2021 class
Broad: psychopathology, substance use behaviors, addiction processes, personality, genetics, quantitative methodology, development, suicidality
Specific: alcohol use disorders, personality maturation, impulsigenic traits, drinking
motives, latent variable modeling, advanced methods for prospective data, alcohol
biomarkers, granular assessments of suicide risk
Awards and Honors
2013 Excellence in Research Award, University of Mississippi Medical Center
2014 Early Career Achievement Award, Addictive Behaviors Special Interest Group (SIG) within the Association for the Advancement of Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies.
2016 Award for Excellence in Research, Mensa Education & Research Foundation and Mensa International, Ltd.
2018 College of Arts & Sciences Excellence in Research Award for the Social Sciences
Title: Enhancing Identification of Suicide Risk among Military Service Members and Veterans: A Machine Learning Approach to Suicidality.
Supporting Agency: Military Suicide Research Consortium, Department of Defense
Role: Sole PI
Title: RESeT West Texas: Rural Education for SBIRT in West Texas.
Supporting Agency: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA); Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Health Professions Student Training Grant
Role: TTU-PI (Multi-PI)
Complete List of Published Work
Publications to Date
- Stevens, A. K.*, Littlefield, A. K., Talley, A. E., & Brown, J. L. (in press). Do individuals higher in impulsivity drink more impulsively? A pilot study within a high risk sample of young adults. Addictive Behaviors.
- Littlefield, A. K., Gottlieb, J. C.*, Cohen, L. M., & Trotter, D. R. M. (2016). Electronic cigarette use among college students: Links to gender, race/ethnicity, smoking, and heavy drinking. The Journal of American College Health, 63, 523-529.
- Littlefield, A. K., Stevens, A. K.*, Ellingson, J. M., King, K. M., & Jackson, K. M. (2016). Changes in negative urgency, positive urgency, and sensation seeking across adolescence. Personality and Individual Differences, 90, 332-337.
- Stevens, A. K.*, Littlefield, A. K., Blanchard, B. E.*, Talley, A. E., & Brown, J. L. (2016). Does drinking refusal self-efficacy mediate the impulsivity-problematic alcohol use relation? Addictive Behaviors, 53, 181-186.
- Littlefield, A. K., Stevens, A. K.,* Cunningham, S., Jones, R. E., King, K. M., Schumacher, J. A., & Coffey, S. F. (2015). Stability and change in multi-method measures of impulsivity across residential addictions treatment. Addictive Behaviors, 42, 126-129.
* = TTU student
AddressTexas Tech University, Department of Psychological Sciences, Box 42051 Lubbock, TX 79409-2051