- PRYDe Lab student LeRoi Hill successfully defends his dissertation (The Effects of Child Protective Services Involvement, Childhood Trauma, and Time in Detention on Crossover Youth Recidivism). Congratulations LeRoi!
- Several PRYDe Lab graduate and undergraduate students virtually present posters at the 32nd annual Association for Psychological Sciences (APS) Convention, Virtual Poster Showcase. Great work, Tucker, Amber, Liz, and Victoria!
PRYDe Lab student Becca Bergquist is awarded the TTU Department of Psychological Sciences' Clay E. George Scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year.
PRYDe Lab student Kelsey Maloney is chosen as the recipient of the TTU Department of Psychological Sciences' 2020 Clinical Research Award.
PRYDe Lab student Amber Benet is awarded the Covenant Health and Social Services Graduate Fellowship for the 2020-2021 school year!
Jenny Chong successfully defends her dissertation (Prospective-Longitudinal Associations of Parental Alcohol Use Problems and Parental Warmth with Anxiety and Depression from Early to Late Adolescence). Congratulations, Jenny!
Chelsy Simmons successfully proposes her dissertation (Mediators and Moderators of Positive Reframing and Symptoms of Internalizing). Congratulations, Chelsy!
Becca Bergquist successfully defends her thesis (Adverse Childhood Experiences and Juvenile Justice Outcomes: The Role of Individual and External Protective Processes). Congratulations, Becca!
- PRYDe Lab student Amber Benet's poster for the from Oklahoma Psychological Society annual research conference wins 1st place among the Graduate Student posters!
- Several PRYDe Lab graduate and undergraduate students present at the 2020 American Psychology-Law Society Conference (AP-LS). Great work, Kelsey, Alli, Becca, Jimmy, James, Leigha, and Kaylee!
- Becca received an Outstanding Student Poster Award from the American Psychology and Law Society for her project, "Examining the Role of Prosocial Attitudes and Behaviors in Risk Level Categorization Among Justice-Involved Youth."
- Seven PRYDe undergraduate students virtually presented at the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference. Great work, Jason, Leigha, Liz, Lauren, Robin, Taylor, and Victoria!
PRYDe Lab students Alli Morton and Kelsey Maloney match for their clinical psychology internship! Kelsey will be going to the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. Alli will be headed to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, AR. Congratulations!
- PRYDe Lab student Becca Bergquist receives the AP-LS Travel award. Congratulations Becca!
- PRYDe Lab undergraduate student Kaevyn Maple receives Access Path to Psychology and Law award from AP-LS. Congratulations Kaevyn!
- Dr. Schmidt named associate editor for the journal Psychology and Neuroscience (an international, interdisciplinary journal published by APA).
- PRYDe Lab student Amber Benet successfully defends her thesis. Congratulations Amber!
- PRYDe Lab student Allie Gibson successfully defends her dissertation. Congratulations Allie!
- In collaboration with Dr. Paul Ingram PRYDe Lab receives pilot funding from the Minnesota Press to evaluate validity of the MMPI-A-RF with trauma-exposed justice-involved youth.
- PRYDe Lab is awarded a grant from the American Psychology and Law Society to study epigenetic markers of risk and resilience within justice-involved youth. This project will collect epigenetic data along with neuropsychological test data and psychopathology symptoms from 100 youth involved in the juvenile justice system. We hope to better understand how experiences such as child maltreatment and neglect may contribute to aggressive behavior and delinquency by modifying epigenetic mechanisms.
- Six PRYDe undergraduates present at the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference. Great work, Briseyda, Deborah, Kaylee, Leigha, Liz, and Victoria!
- Kelsey Maloney is awarded a Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship from the TTU Graduate School for her dissertation project, "Neuropsychological Assessment and Comorbidities within Justice-Involved Youth."
- Becca Bergquist received an Outstanding Student Poster Award from the American Psychology and Law Society for her project, "Examining Deprivation and Threat Dimensions of Trauma Exposure with Recidivism Outcomes and Risk Among Justice-Involved Youth."
- Chelsy Simmons successfully defends her Master's thesis entitled, "Executive Function, Intent to Exercise, and Consideration of Future Consequences: A Mediation Model."
- Amber Benet is awarded the Covenant Health and Social Services Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations Amber!
- PRYDe Lab students match for their clinical psychology internship. Congratulations to LeRoi, Jenny, and Allie! LeRoi and Jenny are heading to California (Monterey County Behavioral Health and the University of California Davis Medical Center) and Allie matched at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Jenny Chong is awarded a Graduate student Research Award from the TTU Graduate School. Congratulations Jenny!
- PRYDe Lab receives a grant to examine behavioral adjustment, risk, and resilience among preschoolers attending Head Start. This project will help us understand how parental risk and protective factors influence cognitive, pre-academic, and behavioral development within children attending Head Start. We will also examine if classroom management practices improve behavioral adjustment inside and outside of school.
- Kelsey Maloney is accepted into the TEACH Fellowship, a year-long intensive program focused on excellent teaching at the collegiate level.
- LeRoi Hill receives the Major General Vincent Luchsinger Scholarship.
- Three PRYDe undergraduate students present at the TTU Undergraduate Research Conference. Great work, Georgina, Jay, and Leigha!
AddressTexas Tech University, Department of Psychological Sciences, Box 42051 Lubbock, TX 79409-2051