About Student Engagement
In Student Engagement, we work tirelessly to help students succeed from the moment they are admitted to Texas Tech University and support them until they walk the stage at graduation. We know that a positive, engaging experience can have a significant impact on students' level of satisfaction, academic performance, campus involvement and progress toward graduation. We work hard to create opportunities for students to connect to support offices on campus and engage with leadership & involvement opportunities. We create shared experiences that foster belonging and prepare and empower student leaders.
Above all, we aspire to be TTU's premiere student development office where students are engaged in their educational experience and provided with opportunities to maximize their individual potential and achieve their unique, desired success.
We do these things through our people, including professional staff, graduate assistants, and undergraduate students, as well through our programs. To accomplish these aspirations, we have set strategic goals that will help us continue to support and empower students in meaningful ways.
What Guides Our Work
We are innovative thinkers and problem-solvers who are passionate about helping Red Raiders succeed. Through collaborative and evolving programs, we:
- create a foundation for student success.
- cultivate belonging, engagement, and well-being.
- enhance the Red Raider experience.
We believe in the power of people to help students become happier, healthier, and more successful.
To our students, to our partners, and to ourselves, we commit to:
- Intentional Growth.
- Consistent Excellence.
- Meaningful Connections.
Each Student Engagement program has identified goals associated with the services and activities offered by the program. These program goals reflect the mission, vision, and commitments of the department and consider the University strategic plan.
Create a foundation for student success.
The Raider Welcome calendar of events will ease students' transition to and enhance persistence at Texas Tech by:
- Providing a place for students to meet other students and build a sense of community.
- Offering a variety of programs that meet the diverse interests and needs of the student body.
- Introducing students to the services and opportunities available to them at the University.
- Engaging students in the spirit and involvement that is Texas Tech University.
Transfer Connection will contribute to university-wide efforts that boost transfer student success by:
- Advocating for the unique needs of transfer students.
- Facilitating meaningful connections with peers, transfer leaders and staff.
- Discussing and providing resources for possible transitional issues transfer students may encounter.
Cultivate belonging, engagement, and well-being.
Raider Roundup will support students' transition by:
- Creating an atmosphere that lessens anxiety, promotes positive attitudes, and builds excitement for the coming academic year.
- Connecting students to the Red Raider family through interactions with fellow students, staff, and faculty in a fun and welcoming environment.
Hub City Fest
Hub City Fest will bridge the gap between the campus and the Lubbock community by:
- Collaborating with businesses and campus departments to highlight off-campus resources to promote well-being.
- Integrating students into social and cultural opportunities that exist beyond the Texas Tech campus.
Tech Leadership Institute
The Tech Leadership Institute will increase the number and effectiveness of student leaders at Texas Tech University by:
- Providing a variety of opportunities for first-year and transfer students to develop strong personal leadership identities.
- Mentoring a growing community of ethical, innovative, responsible, civic minded leaders who contribute positively to their local and global communities.
- Promoting continued engagement through involvement, leadership, and employment opportunities at and beyond Texas Tech.
Enhance the Red Raider experience.
The Texas Techspo will enrich student success by:
- Educating students about campus resources that enhance academic and personal growth and development.
- Enabling campus-wide collaboration to increase student success through personal connections.
- Removing barriers to access by providing a one-stop shop for information.
Majors & Minors Fair
The M&M Fair will support academic persistence and lasting success by:
- Equipping students with information about majors, minors, and programs of study.
- Encouraging students' self-exploration of personal and career goals.
- Initiating interactions between students, and faculty, student leaders, and professional advisors.
- Empowering students, whether they are in their first or last semester, to take steps towards graduation.
Raiders Who Rock
The Raiders Who Rock program will celebrate individuals and teams who advance the Texas Tech University mission by:
- Recognizing Red Raiders for their unique skills, talents and contributions.
- Creating opportunities to bring our community together to express gratitude and thanks.
- Encouraging ethical awareness, decision-making and social responsibility.