Choose Texas Tech
We have a wide range of academic programs for you to explore. Texas Tech is a place
where great things are happening inside the classroom and out – where you can play
as hard as you study. Whoever you want to become, from here, it's possible. To get
a full overview of Texas Tech's transfer admissions policies, take a look at our Transfer Admissions Guide.
See How Your Credits Will Transfer
- Look up transferable courses in the database. Transfer Equivalency
- Contact the Office of Community College & Transfer Relations (CCTR) to receive guidance
on transferable courses and degree plans. CCTR
- View possible two-year plans to help you select your courses at your institution.
- Complete the ApplyTexas Application.
- $60 application fee or fee waiver.
- Official transcripts (high school and/or college). Students must submit high school
transcripts and ACT/SAT scores for acceptance if they have completed less than 12
transferable hours after graduating from high school. If the transcript service you
use is requesting an email address to deliver your document to Texas Tech, please
have it sent to: email@example.com
- Students who have completed more than 12 transferable hours after graduating from
high school will need to supply high school transcripts for advising purposes only.
- International applicants have additional requirements. Call the International Cultural Center at 806.742.3667.
- Every student attending Texas Tech for the first time must show proof of a meningitis vaccination.
If you present the required combination of transferable hours and GPA below, you are
assured admission. GPA is cumulative for all transferable courses (including dual
credit) from all schools attended. Courses taken for grade replacement are used for
GPA calculation only if the same course is repeated at the same institution where
it was originally taken.
|24 or more hours
Some academic colleges and departments at Texas Tech only accept students who meet
assured admission requirements. College entrance requirements are subject to change
and are listed in the Texas Tech Undergraduate Catalog.
- College of Architecture (all majors) – 3.00
- Rawls College of Business (all majors) Min. 12 Hours – 2.75
- Transfer students entering Spring 2016 or later must have 18 or more hours of transferable coursework and have a minimum
cumulative GPA of 3.0 which includes work from all previous institutions.
- Whitacre College of Engineering (all majors) Click here to see requirements
- Honors Arts & Letters – Honors College admission required
- College of Human Sciences
- Community, family and addiction services – 2.50
- Human development and family studies – 2.50
- Interior design – 2.70
If you do not meet assured admission requirements but have at least a 2.00 cumulative
GPA, an admissions committee will evaluate your potential based on other criteria:
- Academics – types of courses taken and pattern of progress, as well as coursework taken leading
- Student-submitted essay – explanation of the decision to transfer to Texas Tech, reasons for past academic
performance and plans to ensure future academic success
- Extracurricular activities/employment/Texas Tech affiliation – leadership and work experience, special talents or awards, other information relevant
to the admission decision
Students with a cumulative GPA or transferable credit hours below requirements or
who haven't taken college coursework in the past two or more semesters are encouraged
to explain circumstances that have impacted their past academic performance and to
submit an essay.