Former Tech Readmission
Priority Deadlines for Former Students:
- Spring 2018: Dec 1, 2017
- Summer 1 2018: May 1, 2018
- Summer II 2018: June 1, 2018
- Fall 2018: Aug 1, 2018
- Spring 2019: Dec 1, 2018
Steps to Readmission
- Complete the Former Tech Student application here
- Students who have attended or are currently attending an institution of higher education after leaving Texas Tech University, or those who left Texas Tech on Second/Subsequent Suspension, must pay the application fee.
- Returning students must submit all transcripts for work completed at other institutions of higher education attended since leaving Texas Tech University by the appropriate deadlines, and must have a minimum 2.0 GPA on work completed since leaving Texas Tech.
- Once the application and application fee (if required) are received, the student will be contacted by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions detailing the next steps in the readmission process.
- Any student pursuing a second undergraduate degree must submit an application on applytexas.org and pay the application fee even if you left Texas Tech in good standing and have not attended anywhere else.
- Any returning student who has completed an undergraduate degree and is returning to take pre-requisite or other non-degree seeking coursework must submit a non-degree seeking application on applytexas.org.
For additional information and requirements, please reference the information below.
First Suspension Conditions
- Students may seek readmission after a minimum of one semester
- Both summer sessions are considered to be a semester for the purpose of serving a suspension
Second and Subsequent Suspension Conditions
- Students may seek readmission after two semesters.
- Both summer sessions are considered to be a semester for the purpose of serving a suspension.
- The student is also required to complete the essay portion of the Former Tech Student
- This essay should address the reasoning for your low academic record, what assurance is there that your future academic performance will improve if you are readmitted to Texas Tech University, and how many hours will you be dedicating to your studies.
- Those students who wish to pursue a different major, must schedule a meeting with the academic dean of the college they wish to enter or if they choose to reenter as an un-declared major contact University Advising
Second and Subsequent Suspension Process
- Following completion of the above steps, the student will be emailed a Dean's Approval Form, which they will need to provide to the academic dean.
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact and schedule an appointment with the academic dean (or designee) of the college they wish to enter.
- If the academic dean agrees to allow your entry to the respective college, you will be required to complete an academic recovery plan.
- The academic dean (or designee) will then return the Dean's Approval Form to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
For complete text on the Undergraduate Academic Status Policy and all requirements, please see the catalog text here.