Hours: Variable based on semester schedule
Ph.D. University of Colorado, Boulder, 2007
- CMI 4310: The Blockbuster
- CMI 4370: Writing for Series Television
- CMI 4375: Writing for Feature Film
- CMI 6315: Critical Theories of Media & Communication
- MCOM 6364: Qualitative Research Methods
- CMI 3308: Visual Communication
- MCOM 2320: Writing for Media & Communication
Publications & Research:
Media power; fan cultures; film; media and place/space; media anthropology; global/international
media; media and sacrality; superheroes and culture.
- Blumell, L.E., Qiu, Y. & Peaslee, R.M. (2016). Pacifying the Dragon?: How expatriate
media professionals are gatekeeping within the Chinese media system. International
Journal of Communication. http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/4155/1657
- McEniry, M., Peaslee, R.M. & Weiner, R.G., eds. (2016). Marvel Comics into Film: Essays
on Adaptations Since the 1940s. Jefferson, NC: McFarland.
- Peaslee, R.M. & Weiner, R.G., eds. (2015). The Joker: Critical Essays on the Clown
Prince of Crime. University of Mississippi Press.
- Peaslee, R.M., El-Khoury, J. & Liles, A. (2014). The media festival volunteer: Connecting
online and on-ground fan labor. Transformative Works and Cultures 15. http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/502.
Public relations and marketing; publication design and production; editorial; sports journalism; sports information; freelance journalism.
TTU Teaching Academy member TTU President's Excellence in Teaching Award Professing Excellence Award, Research Chair, Visual Communication Division, AEJMC 2011; Editorial Board, American Communication Journal; 2nd Place, Top Faculty Papers Competition, AEJMC Visual Communications Division, 2010; Awardee - 2009-2010 Professing Excellence Award, Texas Tech University; 2010 Nominee - Outstanding Faculty, Student Disability Services, Texas Tech University; 2009, 2010 Nominee - Presidents Excellence in Diversity and Equity Award, Texas Tech University.
College of Media & Communication
AddressTexas Tech University, Box 43082, Lubbock, TX 79409