HIHIC Useful Links
Texas Tech Links
These offices and organizations provide information or services related to the Institute’s goals.
- Hispanic Student Society | http://www.orgs.ttu.edu/hss/
- Latino(a)/Hispanic Faculty and Staff Association | www.orgs.ttu.edu/lhfsa Endeavors to proportionally increase the presence and improve the opportunities for Latino(a)s/Hispanic individuals at Texas Tech University.
- Mentor Tech | http://www.depts.ttu.edu/mentortech/default.asp Encourages retention of students from underrepresented groups by pairing them with a faculty, staff or graduate student mentor.
- Division of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement | http://www.depts.ttu.edu/diversity/
- Raiders Rojos | http://www.tturaidersrojos.org/ Chapter of the Texas Tech Alumni Association promoting the retention and graduation attainment of Hispanic students within the Texas Tech University System.
- Texas Tech Center for the Southwest | http://www.texastech.edu/ttcs/
- Unidos por un mismo idioma(“United by a common language”) | http://ttu.orgsync.com/org/umi Student organization supporting use of the Spanish language and understanding of its affiliated cultures among students, faculty, and staff.
Organizations Focused on Hispanic-Oriented Communication
- Latinos and Media Project | http://www.latinosandmedia.org/ Information and resources about a variety of issues related to Latinos and the media
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists | http://www.nahj12.com/ Organization dedicated to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry.
- Tomás Rivera Policy Institute | http://www.trpi.org/ A non-profit research organization that advances critical, insightful thinking on key issues affecting Latino communities through objective, policy-relevant research, and its implications, for the betterment of the nation.
Organizations Focused on International Communication
- International Telecommunications Union (ITU) | http://www.itu.int/en/Pages/default.aspx The United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies – ICTs.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization | http://www.unesco.org/new/en/ UNESCO’s mission is to contribute to the building of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue through education, the sciences, culture, communication and information.
- World Trade Organization (WTO) | http://www.wto.org deals with the global rules of trade between nations.
Hispanic Information Sources on the Web
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC) | http://www1.lanic.utexas.edu/ Provides users access to comprehensive Latin American databases and information services on the internet. Includes an extensive Latin American country and subject directory and a section devoted to media and communication.
- Pew Hispanic Center | http://www.pewhispanic.org/ A nonpartisan research organization that seeks to improve understanding of the U.S. Hispanic population and to chronicle Latinos’ growing impact on the nation.
Industry-Oriented Information Sources
- Portada | http://www.portada-online.com/ Hispanic advertising, marketing & media magazine, a source of news and analysis about the expansion of Hispanic print and digital media.
- Hispanic Market Weekly | http://www.hispanicmarketweekly.com/ In-depth coverage of the people, companies and trends that influence the U.S. Latino market.
If you have any links that you think might be appropriate for this page please email email@example.com.