Connect. Compare. Critique. Create. Collaborate. Communicate.
The Advertising program in the College of Media & Communication develops leaders in advertising communications. Our students gain an understanding of the creative and business-related aspects of advertising, including copywriting, sales, graphic production, creative strategy and media planning. We also host industry professionals who speak to students about internships and careers in advertising.
In The News
- Congratulations to Dr. Ann Rodriguez for receiving a President's Excellence in Teaching Award!
- Weiwu Zhang, Trent Seltzer, and Shannon Bichard have been accepted for publication in Social Science Computer Review for, “Two Sides of the Coin: Assessing the Influence of Social Network Site Use During the 2012 US Presidential Campaign.”
- Congratulations to Clay Craig, Dane Kiambi and Patrick Merle! They have each been awarded a 2013 Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award!
- Congratulations to the 2011-2012 Texas Tech Advertising Competition Team on winning a gold Addy from the Lubbock Advertising Federation for the Nissan campaign! Commercials from the campaign are available to view by clicking here.
- Dr. Ann Rodriguez joined the Good Morning Texas Tech show to speak about the advertisements during the Super Bowl and if they were effective or not. Click here to listen
- Advertising professor Rebecca Ortiz has been invited along with co-authors from UNC-Chapel Hill to the March 2013 DC Health Communication Conference in Washington D.C. Their study is titled "Middle School Students Design Text Messages to Raise Awareness of HPV Vaccine."
- Shannon Bichard, Ph.D.
- Erik Bucy, Ph.D.
- Olan Farnall, Ph.D.
- Rebecca Ortiz, Ph.D.
- Melanie Sarge, Ph.D.
- Melissa Gotlieb, Ph.D.
- Kent Lowry, ABD
- Ann Rodriguez, J.D.
- James Hodgins
- Beverly McBeath
- Dawn Zuerker