Connect. Compare. Critique. Create. Collaborate. Communicate.
The Advertising program in the College of Media & Communication develops leaders in advertising communications. Our students gain an understanding of the creative and business-related aspects of advertising, including copywriting, sales, graphic production, creative strategy and media planning. We also host industry professionals who speak to students about internships and careers in advertising.
In The News
- Three Texas Tech students, including a College of Media & Communication major, are among 25 students who have been selected to receive scholarships from the Advertising Education Foundation of Houston. Carly Cox, a junior advertising major from Plano, Texas, won the KHOU Television Scholarship; Hannah Ford, a sophomore agricultural communications major from Peaster, Texas, won the CBS Radio Scholarship; and Jenna Hay, a junior agricultural communications major from North Richland Hills, Texas, won the Jean William Brown Scholarship. The scholarships are $2,000 each. Applicants included students from 17 different colleges and universities in the four states that make up the American Advertising Federation's Tenth District region.
- Advertising student Rachel Brummitt has been featured in a Texas Tech Athletics article for her ability to juggle academics and athletics.
- Cates, J.C., Ortiz, R.R., North, S., Martin, A., Smith, R., Coyne-Beasley, T. (In press). Partnering with middle school students to design text messages about HPV vaccination. Health Promotion and Practice.
- The Texas Tech Ad Team (Bullet Advertising) won first place in the 2014 American Advertising Federation National Student Advertising Competition for District 10. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Alan Abitbol and Mary E. Brooks! They were both awarded a 2014 Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award!
The Graduate School will provide each awardee with a certificate and a $500.00 Honorarium.
- Autumn Shafer and Rebecca Ortiz had their abstract titled, "Assessing the Feasibility of Clinicians Communicating Via Social Media and Text Messaging With Adolescents about HPV Vaccination" accepted for presentation at the 2014 Pediatric Academic Societies and Asian Society for Pediatric Research Joint Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Canada from May 3-6, 2014. Ortiz and Shafer are first and second authors, respectively, in collaboration with colleagues from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Shannon Bichard, Ph.D., Chair
- Erik Bucy, Ph.D.
- Olan Farnall, Ph.D.
- Rebecca Ortiz, Ph.D.
- Melanie Sarge, Ph.D.
- Melissa Gotlieb, Ph.D.
- Kent Lowry, ABD
- Ann Rodriguez, J.D.
- James Hodgins
- Beverly McBeath
- Dawn Zuerker
- The Texas Tech Ad Team (Bullet Advertising) places third at the 2014 national competition
- Advertising Team wins 2014 Student GOLD ADDY in local level American Advertising Awards for television commercial 'Color with Character' developed for Glidden
- Advertising Team Wins 2012 Lone Star Emmy Award
- Clif Bar Internship Recap