Connect. Compare. Critique. Create. Collaborate. Communicate.
The Advertising program in the College of Media & Communication develops leaders in advertising communications. Our students gain an understanding of the creative and business-related aspects of advertising, including copywriting, sales, graphic production, creative strategy and media planning. We also host industry professionals who speak to students about internships and careers in advertising.
In The News
- Congratulations to advertising professor Rebecca Ortiz, Ph.D., for her selection as a National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) Faculty Fellowship recipient for the January 2014 NATPE Marketplace and Conference in Miami Beach, Florida!
- Congratulations to Ph.D. student Arijit Basu. His presentation, "Mash-up Advertising: A viable advertising tool for Integrated Marketing Communication Campaigns," was awarded second place in the Texas Tech Arts & Humanities Graduate Research Conference last week. A $100 scholarship accompanied the award.
- Congratulations to Rebecca Ortiz, Ph.D. Her abstract titled, "An evolutionary perspective on how Greek membership and sexual media use may reinforce rape myths, perpetration, and victimization among college students" was accepted for presentation in the "Health Care and Public Health" panel at the Thirtieth Annual Meeting of the Association for Politics and the Life Sciences (APLS) to be held at Tech Oct. 25-26. Her panel will be from 1:30-3:00 p.m. on Oct. 26.
- Assistant Professor of advertising, Melissa Gotlieb, Ph.D., and May 2013 graduate Patrick Merle, Ph.D., were elected as executive board members of the Communication Theory and Methodology Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication. Gotlieb and Merle will respectively serve as newsletter editor and membership coordinator for the next two years.
- Congratulations to Dr. Ann Rodriguez for receiving a President's Excellence in Teaching Award!
- Shannon Bichard, Ph.D.
- Erik Bucy, Ph.D.
- Olan Farnall, Ph.D.
- Rebecca Ortiz, Ph.D.
- Melanie Sarge, Ph.D.
- Melissa Gotlieb, Ph.D.
- Kent Lowry, ABD
- Ann Rodriguez, J.D.
- James Hodgins
- Beverly McBeath
- Dawn Zuerker