Connect. Compare. Critique. Create. Collaborate. Communicate.
The Advertising program in the College of Media & Communication develops leaders in advertising communications. Our students gain an understanding of the creative and business-related aspects of advertising, including copywriting, sales, graphic production, creative strategy and media planning. We also host industry professionals who speak to students about internships and careers in advertising.
In The News
- Advertising student Rachel Brummitt has been featured in a Texas Tech Athletics article for her ability to juggle academics and athletics.
- Cates, J.C., Ortiz, R.R., North, S., Martin, A., Smith, R., Coyne-Beasley, T. (In press). Partnering with middle school students to design text messages about HPV vaccination. Health Promotion and Practice.
- The Texas Tech Ad Team (Bullet Advertising) won first place in the 2014 American Advertising Federation National Student Advertising Competition for District 10. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Alan Abitbol and Mary E. Brooks! They were both awarded a 2014 Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award!
The Graduate School will provide each awardee with a certificate and a $500.00 Honorarium.
- Autumn Shafer and Rebecca Ortiz had their abstract titled, "Assessing the Feasibility of Clinicians Communicating Via Social Media and Text Messaging With Adolescents about HPV Vaccination" accepted for presentation at the 2014 Pediatric Academic Societies and Asian Society for Pediatric Research Joint Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Canada from May 3-6, 2014. Ortiz and Shafer are first and second authors, respectively, in collaboration with colleagues from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Autumn Shafer, Ph.D., was invited to present information on HPV vaccination campaigns at MD Anderson Center's annual HPV and Cervical Cancer Summit on January 22, 2014. Shafer's presentation was titled "HPV Vaccine Campaigns Targeting Mothers of Adolescent Girls." - See more here.
- Shannon Bichard, Ph.D., Chair
- Erik Bucy, Ph.D.
- Olan Farnall, Ph.D.
- Rebecca Ortiz, Ph.D.
- Melanie Sarge, Ph.D.
- Melissa Gotlieb, Ph.D.
- Kent Lowry, ABD
- Ann Rodriguez, J.D.
- James Hodgins
- Beverly McBeath
- Dawn Zuerker
- The Texas Tech Ad Team (Bullet Advertising) places third at the 2014 national competition
- Advertising Team wins 2014 Student GOLD ADDY in local level American Advertising Awards for television commercial 'Color with Character' developed for Glidden
- Advertising Team Wins 2012 Lone Star Emmy Award
- Clif Bar Internship Recap