What's your dream career?
The Career Center, designed specifically for Media & Communication students, is a
resource for internship and job search assistance, career counseling, resume and portfolio development and other career related topics.
The Career Center is located in the Center for Student Success, Outreach & Engagement in room 252. For more information, click the helpful links on the right.
2017 Summer and Fall Internship Info Sessions
- Wednesday, March 29 — 10 A.M.
- Tuesday, April 11 — 4 P.M.
- Thursday, March 30 — 3 P.M.
- Thursday, April 13 — 9 A.M.
- Friday, March 31 — 1 P.M.
- Monday, April 24 — Noon
- Monday, April 3 — 2 P.M.
- Wednesday, April 26 — 2 P.M.
- Wednesday, April 5 — 11 A.M.
- Friday, April 28 — 10 A.M.
Our career counselor, Ali Luempert, is happy to set up appointments to discuss internship and job placement, cover letters,
resumes, portfolios, career counseling and other subjects related to career development.
Drop by, call or e-mail Ali to schedule an appointment.
Monday - Friday:
9 - 11:30 a.m.
2 - 4 p.m.
Daily Info to Know!
Our weekly newsletter, Daily Info to Know, includes job and internship opportunities
in Lubbock and other cities in Texas. We also include important announcements, such
as college events and professional development opportunities around campus. We focus
on the areas and industries that align closely to the programs in the College of Media
& Communication, which includes Advertising, Communication Studies, Electronic Media
and Communications, Journalism, Media Strategies, Public Relations, and Mass Communications
(M.A. and Ph.D.).
- Career Fair
- College LinkedIn Page
- College LinkedIn Group (Public)
- Internship Meetings
- Job Opportunities
- Receiving Credit for Internships
- Resume Writing Tips
- Public Relations Major Lands Internship with Crowd Surf LA
- Senior Public Relations Major to Intern with Viacom
- Media Strategies Major Finds a Home with Internship at Magnoliahouse Creative