Distinguished Staff Awards
Chancellor's Award of Excellence
The Chancellor's Award of Excellence recognizes an individual who has five or more years of service with Texas Tech. This individual demonstrates exemplary service and commitment to the achievment of the university. This is the highest honor that a staff member can receive for his or her dedication to the Texas Tech community. This leader has improved his or her department by increasing productivity and/or efficiency, motivated co-workers to do their best, and instilled pride in Texas Tech. He or she is service orientated and displays extraordinary creativity and innovation. Individuals receiving the Chancellor's Award of Excellence are reliable, dedicated, and committed to Texas Tech.Eligibility criteria
- Individual has five or more years of continuous service with Texas Tech.
- Individual has a current performance evaluation on file with Human Resources and received an overall rating of "meets expectations" or above.
- Individual has not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months.
- Individual has completed all required trainings as outlined in OP 70.41.
- Individual has not received a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years. (The Quality Service Awards will be used as a basis for eligibility until a five year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards.)
- $1,500 award
- Award plaque