Distinguished Staff Awards
Guns Up Award
The Guns Up Award recognizes a team of employees that fostered cooperation with employees internal and/or external to increase productivity and efficiency in the organization. Each team member must have one or more years of service with Texas Tech. This team puts an exemplary effort, contributes to the morale of the department, accepts responsibility, and demonstrates a positive attitude. Teams receiving the Guns Up Award collaborate in meeting the needs of the Texas Tech Community.Eligibility Criteria:
- Individual team members have one or more years of continuous service with Texas Tech.
- Individual team members have a current performance evaluation on file with Human Resources and received an overall rating of "meets expectations" or above.
- Individual team members have not received a disciplinary action within the previous twelve months.
- Individual team members have completed all required trainings as outlined in OP 70.41.
- Individual has not received a Distinguished Staff Award in the past five years. (The Quality Service Awards will be used as a basis for eligibility until a five year history has been established for the Distinguished Staff Awards.)
- $2,500 award (to be divided equally)
- Award plaque (one per team member)