Alternate Acceptable Tests for English Proficiency
HOW TO APPLY
Proof of English Proficiency (MANDATORY) - you must submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language; TOFEL)
The minimum TOEFL score required is 550 (paper-based version) or 79 (internet-based version). The TOEFL score must be received directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS); Texas Tech University's institutional code is 6827. TOEFL scores are valid for only two years.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service; IELTS)
The minimum IELTS required score is an overall band score of 6.5 on the Academic version; IELTS General Training results are not acceptable. There is no IELTS institution code for Texas Tech University. IELTS scores are valid for only two years.
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic; PTE Academic)
The minimum required PTE Academic score is 60. PTE General and PTE Young Learners results are not acceptable. There is no PTE Academic institution code for Texas Tech University. PTE Academic scores are valid for only two years.
- Cambridge CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English; CPE)
The minimum required Cambridge CPE grade is C. There is no institutional code for the Cambridge CPE. The Cambridge CPE is valid for life.
- Cambridge CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English ; CAE)
The minimum required Cambridge CAE grade is B. There is no institutional code for the Cambridge CAE. The Cambridge CAE is valid for life.