Texas Tech University

J-1 On Campus Employment

J-1 Students on the Texas Tech University Exchange Visitor Program are eligible for on-campus employment authorization. Such authorization must be given in writing by a Counselor at the Office of International Affairs (OIA). The requirement for this authorization applies to assistantships and any other type of employment for Texas Tech University or its on-campus providers. A "request form" for this authorization is available on this webpage.

On-campus employment authorization can be given for up to one-year at a time. Authorization must be renewed each year to remain valid.

Texas Tech students who are on some other agency's J-1 program must receive written authorization from the Responsible Officer of the agency to work for Texas Tech. If you are unsure how to contact your Responsible Officer, the Scholars Counselor at OIA can assist you.