Students enrolled in one of Texas Tech University's exchange partners who would like to attend Texas Tech University for a semester or year must be nominated by their home university's international office. Nominations should be sent to the International Exchange Student Coordinator (IESC) directly. Following the nomination, students will receive instructions from the Exchange Coordinator explaining their next steps and the online application process.
- Nomination deadlines are listed below for each term:
- Fall and/or Academic Year (fall-spring): March 1
- Spring and/or Calendar Year (spring-fall): September 15
Because of the time required to obtain immigration documents, it is important to submit the required documents listed below in a timely manner. These documents are listed in order of submission priority (transcript being the first priority, photo of yourself being the final submission):
- Official transcript from your home university
- Undergraduates must have the equivalent of a 2.5 U.S. grade point average (GPA) to be accepted into the university and a 3.0 GPA to be accepted into the Rawls College of Business. Graduate students must have a 3.0 GPA. Law students must have a 3.0 GPA.
- Signature Verification Form
- We must receive the original signed document through the post. You can find this document
on your application and send it to the address below:
Incoming Exchange Student Coordinator
Texas Tech University
601 Indiana Avenue
Lubbock, Texas, 79409
United States of America
- We must receive the original signed document through the post. You can find this document on your application and send it to the address below:
- Course Request Form
- You can find this form in your application. Before completing this form please visit the Course Request Form Instruction link. After you determine which courses you wish to take while you are at Texas Tech, complete the form and submit to the international office at your institution.
- English Proficiency
- Your English language proficiency may be verified by any of the following: TOEFL (79 iBT), IELTS (6.5), Pearson, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English language.
- Photo of the information pages of your passport
- Your passport must be valid for 6 months after the end of your term at Texas Tech. The photo of the passport information pages must be legible and in color.
- Documentation of Financial Support
- Evidence of financial support ($6,000 for one semester or $12,500 for the academic year) must be provided, as required by the U.S. Department of State. This should be an original document, such as an original bank statement or a letter signed by an official of a financial institution, stating the availability of funds, and translated to English if necessary. You will also need these documents for your visit to the U.S. Embassy or Consular Office for your visa appointment.
These documents MUST be submitted by the appropriate deadline or your application will be denied.
- Fall and/or Academic Year (fall-spring): April 1st
- Spring and/or Calendar Year (spring-fall): October 15th
After your complete application is reviewed you will be notified of your acceptance decision and sent an email with further instructions.