Pre-Professional Health Careers
We are your healthcare career partner.
We provide you with the resources you need to explore, prepare for and enter a career in the health professions. From Red Raider Orientation and beyond, PPHC will help you every step of the way.
We'll be your academic advisors if you've chosen a pre-health area for dentistry, medicine, physical therapy, pharmacy, clinical laboratory sciences, and speech, language and hearing sciences. You can be in a pre-professional health designation for your first 45 earned hours. Then we help you move into the specific major that will take you where you want to go.
We can help you investigate many different health career opportunities and majors. We'll work with you one-on-one to connect with university resources to ensure you're on the path right for you. And we'll make it easy for you to get involved with the student organization and volunteer experiences you need to be ready to apply to professional programs.
We sponsor health-related campus student organizations and partner with campus and community organization offering volunteer opportunities for pre-health career students.
We team with the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center to offer a Mentor Program for students interested in Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Pharmacy.
WEST TEXAS HEALTH CAREER FAIR
- February 18th from 10:00-2:00 in the Mesa and Matador Rooms of the Student Union Building
- American Medical Women's Association
- February 3rd at 7:00 PM in CHEM 107
- Pre-Nursing Association
- February 5th at 6:00 PM in CHEM 49
- Pre-Medical Society
- February 6th at 7:00 PM in CHEM 49
- Pre-Pharmacy Club
- February 6th at 7:00 PM, location pending
- Health Occupations Students of America
- February 12th at 6:00 PM in CHEM 107
- Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- February 12th at 6:30 in CHEM 25
- Pre-Optometry Professional Society
- February 18th at 6:00 PM, location pending