Academic Dismissal means:
- Cumulative Institutional (TTU) GPA is less than 2.0 for the term following a suspension, or per the standing guidelines as outlined.
- Term of dismissal is one full calendar year.
- Students are not allowed to attend TTU, nor appeal for immediate reinstatement.
- Registration hold will be placed on records.
- Student must apply for readmission for a term following the suspension in a timely manner to allow for complete processing and consideration of reinstatement.
- Readmission decision to be determined by the student's Academic Dean. If the student is approved for readmission following completion of the suspension term, the student is reinstated and eligible to attend courses and participate in all extracurricular activities as governed by the rules of the specific activity and subject to the conditions established by the Academic Dean or committee granting permission to attend classes. If readmitted, the Student must follow the Advising/Registration/Grading requirements for Academic Probation status.
- If readmitted, at the end of the next enrolled term:
- If the term and institutional TTU GPA is above 2.0, Academic Standing for that term would be Academic Good Standing.
- If the term is above 2.0, but the institutional TTU GPA remains below 2.0, Academic Standing for that term would be Academic Probation.
- If the term and institutional TTU GPA is below 2.0, Academic Standing for that term would be Permanent Academic Dismissal.
Steps to Petition to Return From Academic Dismissal:
You Must Complete ALL of the Following Steps:
- At another institution, earn a 2.5 cumulative GPA by completing a minimum of 12 hours of academically rigorous coursework that you have not previously completed. Courses may not be taken online. Do NOT take classes at the community college in which you have earned a "D" or an "F" at Texas Tech University, as that will make grade replacement impossible.
- Complete the Former Tech Application Form, including the required statement of your plan to successfully complete a degree program.
- Submit all transcripts for coursework you completed at other institutions of higher education since leaving Texas Tech.
- Contact an Academic Success Advisor for an Academic Success Plan.
- Write a 500 word personal statement explaining why you believe you should be reinstated in the College of Arts & Sciences. This personal statement should be submitted to your Academic Success Advisor at least two weeks before the semester in which you wish to return.
- You will be notified via e-mail when your petition has been processed.
Office of Recruitment & Student Success
Holden Hall 002, Box 41034