Academic Warning means:
- Cumulative Institutional (TTU) GPA is less than 2.0 for a student's first term in attendance, or per the standing guidelines as outlined.
- Eligible for all extracurricular activities as governed by the rules of the specific activity.
- May not enroll for more than 16 hours without academic dean approval.
- Should seek to take one course for grade replacement.
- Midterm grades will be required.
- Required to meet with an Academic Success Advisor a minimum of two times each semester until the Cumulative Institutional GPA is greater than 2.0.
- Seek regularly scheduled advice and counsel from an academic advisor.
- If student is placed on Academic Warning following first semester at TTU, the student must complete an Academic Recovery Plan, Enroll in a PADR course and pay a nonrefundable course fee. For more information on PADR, please visit: http://www.depts.ttu.edu/padr/index.php
- At the end of the next enrolled term:
- If the term and institutional TTU GPA is above 2.0, Academic Standing for that term would be Academic Good Standing.
- If the term is above 2.0, but the institutional TTU GPA remains below 2.0, Academic Standing for that term would be Academic Warning.
- If the term and institutional TTU GPA is below 2.0, Academic Standing for that term would be Academic Probation.
- Schedule an appointment with your Academic Success Advisor regarding your academic standing and additional resources to help you improve your academic performance. Make sure to complete & bring an Academic Success Plan to your scheduled appointment. Not having your Academic Success Plan may result in the cancellation of your appointment.
- Enroll in PADR (if you have not already successfully completed PADR) by contacting the PADR Office at (806) 742-3928.
- Meet with your Major Advisor to discuss courses and grade replacement.
Office of Recruitment & Student Success
Holden Hall 002, Box 41034