National Pan-Hellenic Council
The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) is a collective of nine historically African-American fraternities and sororities. The nine organizations are sometimes collectively known as the "Divine Nine." The NPHC at Texas Tech consists of four of the nine organizations. The council promotes interaction through forums, meetings, cooperative programming, and initiatives throughout campus.
The primary purpose of the member organizations remains camaraderie, academic excellence, and service to the communities they serve. Each promotes community awareness action through educational, economic, and cultural service activities.
|Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.||Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.|
|Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.||Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.|
|Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.||Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.|
NPHC Executive Board
|Vice President||Justin Reedfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Community Service||Tyla Oliveremail@example.com|
|Event Coordinator||Shauna Pughfirstname.lastname@example.org|
NPHC Featured Programs
Meet the Greeks
Meet the Greeks is an event open to the entire Texas Tech community. This serves as an opportunity for individuals to learn the historic upbringing of these organizations and see the NPHC traditions of stepping and strolling.
Homecoming Step Show
In the Fall, our NPHC community puts on a show! To finish off homecoming, the Step Show displays more of the traditional stepping and strolling with themed performances. 2019s' theme was "Channel Surfing" featuring classic shows and movies such as "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and "Mean Girls." Our NPHC community continues to strive for excellent showmanship while educating the community about their diverse backgrounds.
- Stay tuned for more information regarding the Fall 2021 Homecoming Step Show.
How to Join:
The National Pan-Hellenic Council receives new members via recruitment that is most commonly referred to as Membership Intake. Below are the steps that will best prepare you for the Membership Intake Process.
- Ensure that your GPA is a 2.5 or higher. (Some organizations will require at least a 2.75)
- Get involved on campus. Being in leadership positions will prepare you for membership in an NPHC organization.
- Attend events and get to know the members of the organization.
- Keep your resume up to date, and ensure that it details all relevant leadership and work experience.
- Do community service. Some organizations do require service hours to become a member.
- Be financially sound. Joining an NPHC organization is a financial commitment that you will need to prepare in advance for.
- Keep a clean reputation on and off-campus.
Each NPHC organization has its own expectations for those interested in membership. Chapters host events throughout the year that are open to the campus community. If you are interested in a specific organization, it is highly encouraged that you communicate only with current members of that organization directly to receive additional information.
All NPHC organizations have national membership guidelines that they must follow. These guidelines include a minimum GPA requirement specific to each chapter and proof of enrollment as an undergraduate student at Texas Tech.
Questions about the council?
For any questions about the National Pan-Hellenic council please send an email to email@example.com