Jeff Hanson, Ph.D.
Office: ME North 101A
Dr. Jeff Hanson is an Instructor in Mechanical Engineering at Texas Tech University. Dr. Hanson consistently has one of the highest teaching evaluations by his students in the college of engineering and has been honored with the Most Influential Professor Award multiple times. Dr. Hanson has over 17 years of industry work experience in areas of Management, Manufacturing, Robotics, Sales and Industrial Engineering. He brings this experience into the classroom when teaching students which gives a unique perspective to the material being presented. Since 2019, Dr. Hanson has served as the Engineering Faculty Liaison in the Seville Center in Seville, Spain during the summer study abroad program. He also serves as the ASME Chairman-Elect for the Board on Student Programs worldwide as well as a faculty advisor for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Engineering Education
- Developing New Learning Models that Adapt to New Student Ways of Learning
- Innovative Design Engineering
- Ph.D., Systems Engineering Management, Texas Tech University, 2007
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1994
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Texas Tech University, 1992