Family Days Calendar
We encourage you to visit your Red Raider whenever it's convenient for your family! With that in mind, we have created this Family Days Calendar with all kinds of events and activities for you and your students to enjoy together. Check out the Category descriptions for even more event suggestions on campus and in the Lubbock Community!
*Times, dates, and activities subject to change, check with venues before attending. Keep visiting this page - we will continuously update the calendar as new activities are added!
*Please note that inclusion on this calendar does not constitute an endorsement from Texas Tech University as an official university-sponsored event.
Family Days Calendar Categories
Providing you and your student opportunities to learn about and Academic resources on campus.
Opportunities that expose you and your family to the arts, different cultures, and unique experiences.
Schedule a Family Movie or TV Night featuring Texas Tech Alumni
Museum of Texas Tech University
- 4th Street and Indiana Avenue (free parking) and FREE Admission. For more information and hours of operation, visit the museum website.
National Ranching Heritage Center
- A 27-acre complex seven galleries emphasizing Western history, art and artifacts and 50 ranching structures dating from 1780s to the 1950s. nrhc.ttu.edu.
Texas Tech University System's Public Art Collection
- Maps of art locations and information are available downloading ArTTrek our official public art app, or by visiting texastech.edu/publicart
Activities that you and your family may attend to be physically active.
- Lubbock Parks and Recreation
- Caprock Canyons - a State Park with hiking trails, 95 miles NE of Lubbock
- Palo Duro Canyon - the 2nd largest canyon in the US, 112 miles north of Lubbock
- Golfing in Lubbock
- Foot Tech - Group Runs in Lubbock
Community Service & Philanthropy
Opportunities to volunteer either at home or in the City of Lubbock.
- Raider Red's Food Pantry - Raider Red's Food Pantry provides students with short-term access to supplemental food and connects students with resources on and off campus in an effort to support student wellbeing.
- Volunteer Center of Lubbock - Find volunteer opportunities to participate in while you're in Lubbock
Opportunities for you and your family to spend time in the city of Lubbock.
Buddy Holly Museum
- 1801 Crickets Ave. For more information and hours of operation, visit www.buddyhollycenter.org
American Wind Power Museum
- 1701 Canyon Lake Drive. For more information and hours of operation, visit windmill.com
Lubbock Downtown Farmer's Market
- 5th Street and Avenue J. Saturday mornings 9:00 a.m. until vendor sellout. Fresh, locally grown produce and crafts from local vendors. For more information about this event, visit lubbockdowntownfarmersmarket.com.
Prairie Dog Town
- Inside Mackenzie Park off of 4th Street and Interstate 27. Protected prairie dog colony. Additional information can be found here.
Other ways to Explore Lubbock
Can't attend Family Weekend or visit your student in-person? No problem! Here are some ways you can engage with your student and Texas Tech from a distance:
Schedule a Family Movie or TV Night featuring Texas Tech Alumni.
Have a Game Watching Party using an online streaming service.
Attend a TTU School of Music Streaming event.
Send your Red Raider a care package or have a favorite meal or snack delivered.
Send your Red Raider some "snail mail" using our downloadable stationery.
Tech Traditions & Athletics
Unique Texas Tech experiences that will take place on campus or in a virtual format.
- texastech.com - all things Texas Tech Athletics