Language Style Matching
A measure of how similar two texts are in terms of their function word usage.
Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count (LIWC)
A text analysis program. For more information, visit liwc.net.
- Language Manuals: 2015 | 2007
- Operator Manuals: 2015 | 2007
- Transcription and Text Cleaning Instructions
- Lusi Dictionary
Includes revised categories relating to action and inaction, and disengagement, and risky sex.
- Netspeak Dictionary
adicat's highlighter does the same type of text processing in a browser. With it, you can load in dictionaries, then process text files or categorize words as you type.
A programming language used mostly for statistical analysis. For more information, visit r-project.org.
- Lusi Lab Library documentation (code)
Includes functions for power analysis, permuting or bootstrapping mediations, automated factor analysis, and pulling text from reddit, imsdb, and rottentomatoes, plus some other things to play with.
- splot is a package to visualize data.
- lingmatch is a package to calculate forms of linguistic similarity, which can also be used to process texts into document-term matrices and different types of dictionary category scores.
- RStudio adds a nice interface and some quality of life features (plus some fun cheatsheets).
Useful Language Sites
AddressTexas Tech University, Department of Psychological Sciences, Box 42051 Lubbock, TX 79409-2051