- The relationship between polyamory and identity
- Exploring language use and personality differences among "vanilla" sex and BDSM practitioners
- Comic book intervention to help increase retention rates of women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Social comparisons, prejudicial attitudes, and perceived safety in public places among men, women, and LGB+ individuals.
- The relationship between experienced microaggressions, perceived classroom comfort, and college retention among LGB+ students.
- The relationship between internalized homophobia, "outness", sexual self-concept ambiguity, loneliness, and suicidal ideation.
- Concealable stigmatized identities and the impact of motivation and disposition on the disclosure process
- Alcohol use disorders among sexual and gender minority (SGM) populations and other unheard voices
We're currently recruiting participants for an online study about polyamory and identity.
Participation entails completing a brief 30-45 minute survey, answering questions
related to demographics, identity, and attitudes, and reading short statements. Participants
will be entered in a drawing to win one of thirty $10 Amazon gift cards.
Eligibility: self-identify as polyamorous, 18 years or older.
Survey link: https://ttupsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5gNcJrXYG0OoMOF
- Le, T.H., Foster, A.M., Crane, P.R., Talley, A. (2021). Alcohol use and misuse - perspectives from seldom heard voices. In D. Frings, & I. P. Albery, (Eds.), Handbook of Alcohol Use and Abuse: Understandings from Synapse to Society (pp. 453-481). Elsevier Academic Press.
- Crane, P.R.*, Swaringen, K.S.*, Rivas-Koehl, Le, T.H.*, M., Foster, A.M.*, Talley, A.E., Weiser., D. (2020). Come out, get out: Relations among sexual minority identification, microaggressions, and retention in higher education. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. doi:10.1177/0886260520967126
- Foster, A. M.*, & Talley, A. E. (2020). Egosystem and ecosystem motivational goals: Implications for concealable stigma disclosure. Self & Identity. Doi: 10.1080/15298868.2020.1811141
- Crane, P.R.*, Swaringen, K.S.*, Foster, A.M.*, & Talley, A., E. (2020). Alcohol use disorders among SGM populations. In E.D. Rothblum (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Sexual and Gender Minority Mental Health (pp. 87-100). Oxford University Press.
- Foster, A.M.*, Rivas-Koehl, M., Le, T.H.*, Crane, P.R.*, Weiser, D.A., & Talley, A.E. (under review). Exploring sexual minority adults' pathway to suicidal ideation: A moderated serial mediation model. LGBT Health.
- Le, T.H.*, Foster, A.M.*, Crane, P.R.*, & Talley, A.E. (in press). Alcohol use and misuse: Perspectives from seldom heard voices. In D. Frings & I.P. Albery (Eds.), The handbook of alcohol use and abuse.
- Le, T.H.*, Rivas-Koehl, M., Foster, A.M.*, Crane, P.R.*, Weiser, D., Talley, A. (under review). Feeling protected by prejudice: Ambivalent sexism predicts attitudes towards sexual minorities and perceptions of personal safety. Social Psychological and Personality Science.
- Hancock, D. W.*, & Talley, A. E. (2018). The SIC Scale of Ageism: Confirmatory Factor Analysis, Measurement Invariance, and Revisions. Journal of Aging and Social Policy.
- Hancock, D. W.*, Talley, A.E., Bohanek, J., Ireland, M., & Iserman, M. (2017). Motivated Psychological Distancing Exacerbates the Association between Sexual Orientation Self-concept Ambiguity and Alcohol Misuse. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs.
- Crane, P.R.*& Ireland, M.E. (2020, February). Tops, Switches, and Bottom-Up Model Selection: Language Use in Romantic and Erotic Narratives by BDSM Practitioners. Poster presentation at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Annual Convention Psychology of Media and Technology Preconference, New Orleans, LA.
- Crane, P.R.* & Talley, A.E. (2020, February). Bondage, Impact, Power… and Word Play?: How Natural Language Reflects Sexual Roles among BDSM and Vanilla Practitioners. 20-minute symposium at the Society for Personality and Social Psychology Annual Convention Sexuality Preconference, New Orleans, LA.
- Foster, A. M.*, Raines, J.**, Ireland, M. E., & Talley, A. E. (February, 2020). Motivation Matters When Disclosing a Concealable Stigmatized Identity: A LIWC Analysis of Written Letters. Poster presentation at the annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, New Orleans, LA.
- Le, T. H.*, Talley, A. E., & Ireland, M. E. (June, 2020). Contextualizing Self-Discrepancies to Reduce Aggression Among Individuals High in Narcissism. Oral presentation at the annual meeting of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues.
- Swaringen, K.* & Crane, P.* (2020, March). Bi, Fluid, Pan, and Queer Sexualities. 1-hour caucus facilitation as a part of the Big XII LGBTQIA & Allies Summit, Lubbock, TX.
- Swaringen, K. S.*, & Talley, A. E. (February, 2020). The effects of identity affirmation and identity centrality on polyamorous persons' evaluations of swingers and monogamists. Posted presented at Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Sexuality pre-conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Swaringen, K. S.*, & Talley, A. E. (April, 2020). Effects of identity-based manipulations on attitudinal changes among polyamorous persons. Paper session presented at the meeting of Southeastern Psychological Association, New Orleans, LA.
*Graduate student from the SHARC Lab
AddressTexas Tech University, Department of Psychological Sciences, Box 42051 Lubbock, TX 79409-2051