To assist faculty in securing competitive research funding, the OR&I has created a number of internal support programs:
- Presidents' Collaborative Research Initiative
- Proposal Assistance Program
- Scholarship Catalyst Program (SCP)
- Open Access Publication Initiative
- Seed Grant for Interdisciplinary Research (SGIR) (not currently funded)
- Faculty Travel Grants
The OR&I offers a variety of resources and learning opportunities to assist faculty in preparing successful research proposals. See the Faculty Development website for proposal development resources.
Federal, state and private funding agencies occasionally limit the number of proposals and/or applications submitted by an organization in response to a given funding opportunity. These funding opportunities can be found on the Limited Submissions webpage.