- Blood decendent of a veteran of World War I
World War I veteran enlistment must meet the following requirements:
- Enlisted prior to May 11, 1918-OR-
- If enlistment is later, veteran must have served overseas prior to Nov. 11,1918
- Financial Need as determined by the FAFSA
- Entering freshmen in the top 25% of high school graduating class-OR-
- Current TTU students with a minimum 2.5 GPA
This application must be completed in addition to
- the scholarship portion of the ApplyTexas application or the Texas Tech current student scholarship application and
- a FAFSA for the school year in which application is made.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants will be asked to provide scanned copies of the following documents via email to TTU Scholarship Office by Feb. 1 of the school year in which you are applying:
- Veteran's discharge papers and enlistment record
- Birth certificate of the parent who is the child of the veteran
- Applicant's birth certificate
- All remaining birth certificates that will reflect the bloodline from the veteran down to the application.