BAT-LSAMP Scholars Application
Application for the 2023-2024 Year is now open!
The Bridges Across Texas - Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (BAT-LSAMP) is a partnership comprised of Texas Tech University, The University of North Texas at Dallas, Dallas College - El Centro Campus,South Plains College, and Texas Southmost College. The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation is a National Science Foundation program designed to foster achievement in minority students seeking degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The program's overall goal is to assist institutions of higher learning in diversifying the nation's STEM workforce by increasing the number of STEM baccalaureate and graduate degrees awarded to populations historically underrepresented in these disciplines: African Americans, Hispanic Americans, American Indians, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Native Pacific Islanders.
Before you begin this application, be sure you are eligible by confirming these requirements apply to you:
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident of the U.S.;
- Declared STEM major;
- Full-time undergraduate (at least 12 credit hours per semester); and
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Engagement in a diverse STEM community on your campus and across other Texas colleges.
- Mentoring by older STEM peers and faculty.
- Travel support to attend conferences and academic competitions.
- Opportunities for careers and support for graduate school.
- Earn stipends for serving as a peer mentor, tutoring advanced STEM courses, and more.
- Opportunities for a supervised research experience at Texas Tech or University North Texas Dallas.
Click Here to Apply to be an LSAMP Scholar
This program is funded by the National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation, Award # 2110048.
Address2515 15th Street Room # 304, Lubbock, TX 79409