Academic Testing Services
Texas Tech University Department of Academic Testing Services and its staff assume no responsibility for lost, damaged, or stolen personal items brought into the testing center. Many personal belongings such as electronics, sunglasses, caps, etc. are prohibited in the testing rooms. You are encouraged to leave those items at home or in your car. However, if you choose, you may leave personal items in the ATS backpack bins at your own risk. Items cannot be left in the ATS lobby.
Optional Classroom Make-up Exam Service:
- All make-up exams must be pre-approved by the instructor. Academic Testing Services does not have the authority to approve a make-up exam.
- If your student missed an exam originally set to be taken online from their home, their make-up exam should be done online at home. Academic Testing is not able to proctor a Proctorio exam due to equipment and security restraints.
- Academic Testing Services can provide test proctoring for students who miss a classroom exam due to a university-excused absence. No scoring or item analysis is available with this service. All transportation of test materials will be the responsibility of the instructor.
- Academic Testing Services cannot provide accommodations for entire classes due to limited space and personnel. This is a make-up exam service not an alternative testing service. In this context, groups larger than 10 need to be handled by the instructor.
- Academic Testing Services cannot provide the make-up exam service during the summer months due to orientation.
- Make-up exams will be regularly scheduled Monday-Thursday between 9 AM and 3 PM. (Fridays are NOT available for make-up exams.) Limited space and staff cannot accommodate drop-ins. It will be the student's responsibility to schedule their exam time with Academic Testing Services. Students can schedule an exam time by calling 806-742-3671 ext. 0 during office hours, M-F, 8 Am - 5 Pm.
- Instructors will be responsible for filling out a “Request Form” located below. This form will not be accepted if filled out by the student. The request form will contain test administration instructions and include student's name, course, time limits, any authorized aids, deadlines for completion, and any other pertinent information deemed appropriate by the instructor.
- Instructors are encouraged to email the exams to firstname.lastname@example.org after filling out the request form.
- Photo ID and a signature will be required prior to releasing any exam to the instructor or authorized individual picking-up testing materials. Students will not be allowed to drop-off, pick-up, or remove testing materials from Academic Testing Services. If you wish to have the completed test returned via email, please state that in the special instructions on the request form.
- All students testing in Academic Testing Services will be required to present a photo ID prior to testing. Students will also be required to wear a mask.
- Academic Testing Services will not copy exams. If instructors have several individuals needing the same exam, multiple exams and a roster of names must be included in a securely sealed envelope with the request form of instructions.
- Academic Testing Services will not house unused exams for more than two weeks unless requested by the instructor. Any unused exams that remain after the two-week period, will be destroyed. All completed exams will be returned by the following business day based on the method chosen by the instructor.
- Instructors are encouraged to mark “copyright” on their exams.
- Instructors are encouraged to create a “new” version of their exam for make-up purposes.
- Make-up exams are not given during finals.
NOTE: This form is to be filled out by the Professor/Instructor/Teaching Assistant ONLY.