Proctoring Services for Distance/Online Courses
- Academic Testing Services can provide proctored tests for students who are taking courses through Distance Learning programs. Courses vary in requirements for proctored exams, so be sure to follow your professor's directions or clarify any questions prior to scheduling an exam with Academic Testing Services.
- If you are taking a Texas Tech distance or online class, you will need to check with your professor to see what options have been put in place for testing.
- Due to limited seating, testing for the Distance/Online courses is by appointment only.
- No scoring or item analysis is available with this service. All transportation of test materials will be the responsibility of the professor.
- Professors are encouraged to deliver the exams to Academic Testing Services two business days before student testing is scheduled to begin. Exams may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Passwords for computer-based or online exams should also be received by this deadline. Delivery from an individual authorized by the professor or campus mail will also be accepted.
- Photo ID and a signature will be required prior to releasing any exam to the professor or authorized individual picking-up testing materials. Students will not be allowed to drop-off, pick-up, or remove testing materials from Academic Testing Services.
- Academic Testing Services will not copy exams. If professors have several individuals needing the same exam, multiple exams and a roster of names must be included in a securely sealed envelope with the request form of instructions.
- Academic Testing Services will not house an exam for more than two weeks. If unused exams are not picked up within the two weeks, they will be shredded. Professors may resubmit exams if they deem appropriate.
- Professors are encouraged to mark "copyright" on their exams.
Test Scheduling during the Semester
- Exams can be scheduled Monday - Friday between 8AM and 2PM. If you are taking a Texas Tech distance or online class, you will need to check with your professor to see what options have been put in place for testing. It will be the student's responsibility to schedule their exam time with Academic Testing Services. Due to limited seating, testing for the Distance/Online courses is by appointment only.
- Examinees testing in Academic Testing Services will be required to present a driver's license, passport, or military ID prior to taking their scheduled exam.
- Cost for exams is $20.00 if PAID for 5 business days in advance. (Final exams which will be scheduled during the Texas Tech finals timeframe must be scheduled 1 week in advance of the first day of finals.) Seating is limited.
- If payment and scheduling deadlines are not met, an additional $10 late fee will apply, and the exam fee will be $30.00.
- Credit/debit cards are accepted. (NO CASH) After scheduling, a payment link will be emailed to you.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- You may transfer your test time by calling our office.
- Testing during the Texas Tech finals timeframe must be scheduled 1 week in advance of the first day of finals. Seating is limited.
- Professors are encouraged to provide their final exams to Academic Testing by noon on the last day of classes (including passwords for online and computer-based tests).
- Students will need to schedule a test time for their final exam at least 1 week prior to the first day of finals. Once seating capacity is reached, students may be referred to their professor to make other proctor arrangements.
- Each exam will need to be labeled with the professor's name, course number and section.
- Policies and fees are subject to change.
A driver's license, passport, military I.D. or other government-issued I.D. is REQUIRED at time of testing.