Title IX COVID-19 Updates
As we all work together to practice preventative measures during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Texas Tech Title IX Office staff are facilitating primarily virtual appointments. All services are still available!
Our staff is available via phone, email, Skype for Business, and Zoom during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm) to provide assistance and support. We will respond to any messages and inquiries as quickly as possible.
- For any questions related to reports, Supportive Measures, or resources:
- To contact Civil Rights Investigators:
Texas Tech University COVID-19 Updates
- To find the latest updates and communications to the University community, including answers to frequently asked questions and additional resources, please visit the Texas Tech University COVID-19 website.
Student Counseling Center (SCC) COVID-19 Updates
- The SCC is not currently facilitating in-person counseling services, but they do offer an array of online services.
- If You are Currently Connected to an SCC Counselor:
- You are able to contact your counselor directly to discuss online treatment options.
- If You Are NOT Currently Connected to an SCC Counselor:
- You can call the Student Counseling Center at 806-742-3674 to initiate online services
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO)
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides highly effective strategies to help overcome anxiety, depression, and other common concerns through online therapy modules.
- You can ask your current counselor or call the SCC to access these services.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Depression Group:
- This support group will provide an opportunity to connect with other people who also struggle with depression. Join and learn how to understand your emotion and thought pattern, manage mood and stress, and build your coping skills toolkit. There is a class for adults and adolescents.
- The adolescent group is Thursday from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. and can be found at https://ttuhsc.zoom.us/j/104176986.
- The adult group is on Monday from 4:30 until 5:30 p.m. and can be found at https://ttuhsc.zoom.us/j/711158700.
- Anxiety Group:
- Experiencing irrational or uncontrollable worries? Join us and learn coping skills to help manage and reduce daily stress and symptoms, practice physical, mental and creative techniques for lowering anxiety in the moment. There is a class for adults and adolescents.
- The adolescent group is Monday from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. and can be found at https://ttuhsc.zoom.us/j/780245351.
- The adult group is on Wednesday from 4:30 until 5:30 p.m. and can be found at https://ttuhsc.zoom.us/j/423230939.
- Grief Support Group:
- When grieving the loss of someone you loved, it's as if a deep hole implodes inside of you. This group offers safe, supportive environment for sharing grief, learning from other who have experienced a loss, and gaining knowledge and insight of useful coping skills to help you begin to heal.
- This class is on Wednesday from 6 p.m. until 7 p.m. and can be found at https://ttuhsc.zoom.us/j/677541865.
- Free Online Chatroom for Anxiety during Coronavirus:
- Join us as we come together to share common experiences that are happening in our lives. You are not alone! Kids keeping you busy? Finding yourself stressed and worried about what might happen? Feeling overwhelmed? This too shall pass.
- The class is Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and can be found at https://ttuhsc.zoom.us/j/478049812.
- Depression Group:
- Crisis Helpline 806-742-5555
- The Crisis Helpline remains available 24/7 for any student experiencing a mental health crisis, no matter if you are physically in Lubbock or somewhere else. You are immediately connected to a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Student Health Services COVID-19 Updates
- Visit Student Health's website for Important Information Regarding Coronavirus.
- Students who are not actively experiencing symptoms are encouraged to seek free COVID
testing at September 28 - December 9
- Helen Devitt Jones Sculpture Court, Texas Tech Museum
- 3301 4th Street
- No appointment Needed
- Scheduling COVID-19 Testing
- Student Health Services can arrange COVID-19 testing for symptomatic students who meet screening criteria.
- While awaiting a test or test results, please stay isolated at home and do not go to class, work, or public places!
University Student Housing COVID-19 FAQ's
- Visit the Student Housing website to find answers to frequently asked questions regarding University Housing.
Academic Affairs Resources and Information for COVID-19 Response
- Visit the Office of the Provost's website for Academic Affairs Resources and Information for COVID-19 Response.
Risk Intervention and Safety Education (RISE) COVID-19 Tips for Students
- Visit RISE's website for Tips for Students During COVID-19 Pandemic.