Recreational Sports Facility Information
Rec Sports would like to welcome every student, faculty and staff member back to campus! Please use the links below to reserve your spot for a fitness class, lap swim or climbing wall!
Student Rec Center Mask and Social Distancing Policy
As of May 19, 2021, Texas Tech University has lifted mask and social distancing guidelines. The current guidelines read as such:
Per a directive from Texas Tech System Chancellor Tedd Mitchell, an executive order by Governor Greg Abbott, and recent guidance from the CDC, Texas Tech University will be revising our campus COVID-19 protocols. Effective immediately, all protocols outlined in the Texas Tech Commitment will be lifted, including the mandatory face-covering policy. Face coverings will now be optional. For those who have not been vaccinated, face coverings are highly recommended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Student Rec Center will operate at 100% capacity. For our current facility usage, we have a live counter available at: TTU UREC Counter
The Leisure Pool is now open for all users! For more information, please click here.
Hours of Operation
Please check our daily hours by going to: TTU Rec Sports Hours Website
How to Register for a Program
There are still many programs available for registration. Below is a quick guide on how to register online for programs like CrossFit, swim classes, outdoor trips and events and more!
Texas Tech Students
Please log into http://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your eRaider username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
Texas Tech Faculty and Staff Members
Please log into https://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your eRaider username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
If you have an existing online portal username and password: Please log into https://register.recsports.ttu.edu using your existing username and password. Once logged in, you can reserve a spot in one of our programs.
Don't have an existing username and password?
Make sure you have your Rec Sports Membership card available, as you will need your membership number (located on the bottom front of your card) for the membership registration.
Go to https://register.recsports.ttu.edu/Account/Register to create your online Rec Sports Portal Account. In the ID Number field, please use your membership number from your Rec Sports ID card.
You will still need your Texas Tech ID card to enter the building. We have placed the card swipers 6 ft apart, so that physical distancing guidelines are kept.
Once you are in the Building
- Per University directives, all areas will operate at 100% capacity.
- Pickleball will still be available on Basketball Court 2.
- Starting Friday, May 21, basketball will be played on courts 3 and 4 in the front half of the building, and of courts 6 and 7 on the back courts.
- The Indoor Soccer Court will be available for drop in soccer on or before June 2.
- Badminton will return to only being available on the weekends (setup at 5:30p on Friday and taken down at closing on Sunday) on Basketball Court 3.
- Starting Friday, May 21, racquetball will be available on Racquetball Courts 4 -7. It is currently available on courts 8-10.
- Starting Friday, May 21, table tennis will be available in the Lounge on our top level.
- Volleyball will be available on Basktball Court 8.
- The Boxing Room will be open.
- Rooms and Classrooms such as 114, 121, 201, 208 and 209 will be available for drop-in use.
- Water bottle fill stations will be available.
What Not to Expect
The Sauna's in the Mens and Womens lockeroom will remain closed.
Sweat Towels and shower towels will not be available. Please bring your own.
Use our online question form at /urec/contact.phpand we will be happy to answer your question!