Communication and Languages
You're a communicator, like the news anchor who keeps us informed or the newspaper columnist who keeps us thinking. Your skills may help a political candidate get elected or boost sales of a new product. You can work in mass media or study one-on-one communication. You'll find a program that keeps you on the cutting edge of this constantly evolving field.
Why Texas Tech?
You'll have experiences that will shape your future, like Kelley Coffman, BA/Public Relations, 2007. She applied her classroom knowledge at an internship with the United States Olympic Committee. Kelley traveled to Brazil as a U.S. Soccer Press Officer where she coordinated press conferences, wrote press releases and served as media liaison.
"Now I know what I am capable of and can't wait to see what else is next for me."
Kelley Coffman, BA '07
- Faculty incorporates the knowledge gained from years in industry in their teaching.
- Advanced facilities for video editing, computer-based writing and communication research ensure you learn on the most up-to-date equipment.
Learning outside the classroom is encouraged:
- Students have received academic credit for internships at places like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Southwest Airlines, BusinessWeek Online, ABC News and 20/20.
- Senior-level courses create public relations packages for local non-profit organizations.
- The "News Central" allows journalism students to experience every step of producing a newscast from budgeting and research to writing and on-air or print presentation.
Colleges and Majors
MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION
www.mcom.ttu.edu | 806.742.3385
Advertising | Communication Studies | Electronic Media and Communications | Journalism (Broadcast, News Editorial, Online) | Public Relations
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES AND NATURAL RESOURCES
www.casnr.ttu.edu | 806.742.2808
Agricultural Communications (Electronic Media,
Print Media, Public Relations/Marketing)
Interdisciplinary Agriculture (Agricultural Education)
ARTS AND SCIENCES
www.as.ttu.edu | 806.742.3831
Classics (Greek, Latin) | English (Creative Writing, Literature & Language, English Teacher Preparation) | German | French
Russian Language and Area Studies | Spanish
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS
www.depts.ttu.edu/cvpa | 806.742.0700
Communication Design | Music Composition
Music Performance | Music Theory