Civil and Environmental Engineering Program Outcomes
To enable the civil and environmental engineering students to accomplish the educational objectives, the curriculum is designed to assure that students, at the time of graduation, would be able to
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component or process to meet the constituencies needs within realistic constraints.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Engage in life-long learning.
- Possess knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools.
Civil Engineering Specific Program Outcomes
By the time of graduation, civil engineering students can
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, calculus-based physics, chemistry and one additional area of science.
- Apply knowledge of four technical areas appropriate to civil engineering.
- Conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process in more than one civil engineering context.
- Explain basic professional practice concepts.
- Explain the importance of professional licensure.
Environmental Engineering Specific Program Outcomes
By the time of graduation, environmental engineering students have
- Proficiency in mathematics, probability and statistics, calculus-based physics, general chemistry, earth science, biological science and fluid mechanics.
- Knowledge of environmental issues associated with air, land, and water systems and associated environmental health impacts.
- An ability to conduct laboratory experiments and critically analyze and interpret data.
- Performed engineering design by means of integrated design experiences.
- Proficiency in advanced principles and practice relevant to the program objectives.
- Understanding of professional practice concepts.